Talk

Advanced search

Roasting butternut squash

(8 Posts)
Lookslikerain Tue 16-Apr-13 14:38:22

I've just hacked up some butternut squash into chip shapes to roast for dinner. What can I sprinkle on it to make it a bit more interesting? I have the usual cupboard of spices etc.

snoworneahva Tue 16-Apr-13 15:08:35

Thyme/sage/rosemary, olive oil, seasalt, chilli.

BitBewildered Tue 16-Apr-13 15:21:50

There's a Jamie Oliver recipe which requires the squash to be rubbed with:

1-2 dried red chillies, crumbled
1 tsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Salt & black pepper

all ground together, mixed with olive oil and rubbed into the squash, then roasted. It's lovely.

21mealspluscake Tue 16-Apr-13 16:02:22

You could toss it with a little oil and sliced garlic and ginger, chilli too if you like them. Roast till it's a bit squidgy then eat hot or it really is lovely at room temperature as a salad.

HolofernesesHead Tue 16-Apr-13 16:05:16

Smoked sweet paprika and a little olive oil is probably what I'd go for. It is what they eat in paradise (true fact).

BlingLoving Wed 17-Apr-13 10:49:21

If you're making it for the DC, try a little cinnamon. Gives it a lovely extra sweetness which they will love. Otherwise a bit of rosemary and chilli. And toss a few cloves of unpeeled garlic in too.

twinklesparkles Wed 17-Apr-13 15:10:22

Honey and olive oil, salt and pepper smile yummmmmmmm

Lookslikerain Wed 17-Apr-13 15:25:29

Thanks everyone. I knew you wouldn't let me down! I went with coriander, chilli, s&p and it was lovely.

It was possibly the worlds largest squash, delivered in my online shop, so I shall try a few more suggestions with the rest of it. Thanks again!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now