Talk

Advanced search

Tell me something new to do with chicken breast please

(12 Posts)
Titsalinabumsquash Tue 16-Apr-13 09:27:19

I am trying to Emory my freezer, it's full of meat! Mostly chicken.

I got a bag of breast out last night to defrost and now can't think of anything to do with it! I would usually roast it or stuff and wrap with bacon but im bored of that. I have a stocked store cupboard and a few veg bits in the fridge. Any ideas would be grand. smile

SchroSawMargeryDaw Tue 16-Apr-13 09:29:17

Diet coke chicken! It's yummy.

21mealspluscake Tue 16-Apr-13 09:54:35

I had chicken last night - dice the breast and mix with 1/2 tspn five spice powder and a little salt. Bring a pan of water to the boil and drop in about 300g broccoli florets, let the water come back to the boil for a minute or two, then drain. Chop a garlic clove and about a tablespoon of ginger and stir fry for a minute in hot oil. Add the chicken and toss till it turns from pink to white. Add a tablespoon of light soy sauce and the same of rice wine or sherry and a couple of tablespoons of water. Simmer on a low heat for a couple of minutes. Mix 1 teaspoon of cornflour into a little cold water and add to the chicken to thicken the sauce - don't do this if you like it thinner. Add the broccoli, toss through to heat up and serve with boiled rice. Whole thing takes 25 minutes max and looks, smells and tastes lovely. This makes a proper supper for 2, scale up to your numbers...

Startail Tue 16-Apr-13 10:08:56

Jar of pasta sauce chicken breasts on top, packet of bousion (sp) scattered on top. Bake. Some cheese stays on the chicken, some ends up in the sauce.

(Tesco's own brand garlic cheese is cheaper and works fine)

Titsalinabumsquash Tue 16-Apr-13 10:27:31

Ohh these all sound lovely, keep them coming smile

PirateShit Tue 16-Apr-13 10:30:55

Dice the raw chicken breasts and mix with crushed garlic, chilli flakes, cinnamon, curry powder/garam masala, and a glug of olive oil. Cook some cous cous. Lay the chicken in a oven proof dish, put the cous cous on top and bale in the oven for about 25 mins. I normally roast some tomatoes to serve with it. Serve it up with lemon wedges and natural yogurt. Delish, and dead easy.

lilolilmanchester Tue 16-Apr-13 12:25:20

cooked breast, chopped, mixed in a white sauce with anything else you fancy e.g. onions or leeks, mushrooms, bacon and topped with mashed potato & baked.

Or with a tomato sauce and use as a lasagne filling

CMP69 Tue 16-Apr-13 14:50:29

Marinade in turmeric, garlic and lemon juice. Fry the breasts with cumin and black onion seeds. Pour in marinade cook for 20 mins and stir in creme fraiche, serve with rice.
Yummy!

OnceUponAThyme Tue 16-Apr-13 16:35:21

just place marking to steal recipes smile

eslteacher Tue 16-Apr-13 19:57:07

A quick fallback for me is: chop an onion, a couple of cloves of garlic and some streaky bacon. Fry all in pan with olive oil. Reduce heat a bit, add chicken breasts, plus some mixed herbs or fresh thyme, parsley and rosemary if you have any to hand. Can butterfly chicken breasts to get them to cook more evenly if you want. Simple but yum. You could easily add chopped mushrooms, courgette, leek, celery - whatever you have to hand. Just don't be too stingy with the bacon and oil, otherwise it can get too dry.

devonsmummy Tue 16-Apr-13 20:10:13

Make a pocket in chicken breast fill with mozarella, wrap in Parma ham (or similar) bake in oven
Serve with vine roasted tomatoes, diced & roasted garlic & herb potatoes & a drizzle of reduced balsamic vinegar
Yum!

LimeFlower Tue 16-Apr-13 21:50:43

Dust seasoned breast in flour then dip in beaten agg,press into lightly crushed cornflakes and fry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now