Talk

Advanced search

From fridge/cupboard to table in 30 mins or less...

(14 Posts)
DTisMYdoctor Sun 14-Apr-13 20:35:53

Any suggestions for an easy to prepare midweek dinner for 2 adults and 1 child? We don't get home until late-ish so it really needs to be quick to prepare. I usually have a stash of cooked meals in the freezer, but it's empty and I don't have time to do any batch cooking until next week.

I've meals planned for every night bar Wednesday and I'm completely lacking inspiration!

noisytoys Sun 14-Apr-13 20:39:14

Fish fingers and chips. Works every time (especially if DCs are toddlers)

Taffeta Sun 14-Apr-13 20:41:19

Pasta
Omelette or scrambled eggs
Most fish, fried or baked in foil, in a bap with greens

DTisMYdoctor Sun 14-Apr-13 20:42:16

Excellent idea - but we're having that another night grin also having chilli and another fish dish this week.

MoominmammasHandbag Sun 14-Apr-13 20:42:54

Pasta and homemade pesto
Mexican stylee chicken wraps
Stir fried prawns and Chinese vegetables

Madamecastafiore Sun 14-Apr-13 20:43:43

Chorizo and courgette pasta.

Prawn, pea and asparagus risotto.

Orzo with peas and pancetta.

HorraceTheOtter Sun 14-Apr-13 20:44:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SanityClause Sun 14-Apr-13 20:46:06

Put pasta on to boil (ideally orrechiete, but shells would do).

Chop some broccoli into florets and steam or cook in some boiling water for a few minutes until cooked, but firm.

Meanwhile, fry some lardons and some crushed garlic in a little olive oil. Add some crushed chili flakes.

When the broccoli is cooked, put it on a board and chop it through a bit smaller, then add it to the bacon mix. Keep warm until the pasta is cooked, then mix together. Serve with grated Parmesan.

MrsPeeWee Sun 14-Apr-13 20:46:10

A big favourite for our DS when we have been out and need something quick - a toasted bagel, loads of scrambled egg and some fresh tomato. grin

DTisMYdoctor Sun 14-Apr-13 20:52:15

All great ideas, thanks! Keep them coming please (then I can keep a long list for all the other weeks I'm lacking inspiration) grin

Pasta with homemade pesto and a rocket salad.

Pitta bread pizzas / pitta bread and salad with (bought) falafel and minty yoghurt / pitta bread made into garlic bread (brush with butter and garlic and shove on a baking tray in the oven for 20 mins or so) with crudites and hoummus.

Baked camembert with bread and radishes, celery, carrot sticks etc (yum).

jenduck Sun 14-Apr-13 22:14:00

Can you pop some diced meat & veg & a cup of stock into a slow-cooker before you leave the house in the morning? Then you would come home to a ready-cooked casserole & could just microwave some jacket potatoes to go with it or even just serve with bread. Would take about 10 minutes of your time in the morning.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 14-Apr-13 22:42:17

Spaghetti carbonara.

sashh Mon 15-Apr-13 02:16:14

Rice - which ever type you prefer
Smoked haddock
orange juice
water

Put it all in a pan, the OJ/water needs to be 50/50
Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 mins

also

Sausage and mash
pita bread filled with salad, bacon and creme fresh
toad in the hole

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now