Talk

Advanced search

How to jazz up some rather boring new potatoes?

(10 Posts)
MintyyAeroEgg Sun 14-Apr-13 18:25:16

I was thinking of part-steaming then sauteeing in butter and garlic. They are to go with plainish chicken and vegetables. Would it be completely ott to put a bit of chopped bacon in there too?

LadyStark Sun 14-Apr-13 18:28:57

You could make a mini dauphinois, Jamie Oliver has a dead easy version in his 15 minute meals where you roast onions whilst boiling potatoes and then pour over a bit of cream or white sauce (can't remember exactly) and bacon would be a lovely addition.

Or, what about making them a bit Spanish? Par boil and then fry with onions, garlic, chopped tomatoes and some paprika and cayenne pepper - add chorizo if you have it?

clattypatty Sun 14-Apr-13 18:30:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Floweryhat Sun 14-Apr-13 18:33:06

Patas bravas mmmmm.

Wolfcub Sun 14-Apr-13 18:34:02

cut them in half, par boil and then roast in the oven with some rosemary and garlic and sea salt

forevergreek Sun 14-Apr-13 18:35:33

Cut in half, add some paprika and olive oil and roast in oven for 40 mins

TempusFuckit Sun 14-Apr-13 18:40:52

Crush them and add lashings of sea salt, olive oil and either rosemary or mint.

MintyyAeroEgg Mon 15-Apr-13 12:57:24

Sorry, where are my manners? I slow-roasted them with some whole cloves of garlic in olive oil in the end and they were lush!

But I am going to try every single idea on here, they all look gorgeou!. I love new potatoes, but they can be a bit dull at the beginning of the season.

twolittlemonkeys Mon 15-Apr-13 13:02:53

Oh yes Tempus' crush idea is brilliant - I love doing that with new potatoes - par boil, drain, spread out on a baking tray covered in olive oil, squash them with a potato masher so they're like cookies, then drizzle with more oil, lots of salt pepper and rosemary and roast for half an hour. Divine.

twolittlemonkeys Mon 15-Apr-13 13:04:20

Oops didn't see - your idea sounded great. I think I shall be trying all the ideas on here! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now