Talk

Advanced search

Fresh Ginger ideas needed

(11 Posts)
PollyMorph Sun 14-Apr-13 07:49:52

I bought a massive bowl of fresh ginger yesterday from the market purely because it was a pound and I can't walk past a bargain, the only problem is is.that I have no idea what to do with it- can anyone please help?

glenthebattleostrich Sun 14-Apr-13 07:55:23

http://www.cooking.com/recipes-and-more/recipes/roasted-shrimp-with-honey-ginger-soy-marinade-recipe-4565.aspx#axzz2Lni7Jo00

This recipe is delicious

I make ginger and lemon 'tea' - hot water, sliced lemon and a little bit of ginger, sweetened to taste.

mix with chilli and garlic as a topping for fish or chicken

Add to stir fry's

Nolda Sun 14-Apr-13 08:03:52

Cut it into smaller pieces and freeze until needed.

Mopswerver Sun 14-Apr-13 08:11:41

Make LOTS of curries and freeze them smile

WouldBeHarrietVane Sun 14-Apr-13 08:12:08

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BettyStogs Sun 14-Apr-13 08:15:55

Nigella has a fab recipe for fresh gingerbread with Lemon icing. It's in How to be a domestic goddess, or Google it (sorry can't link as on phone)

EwanHoozami Sun 14-Apr-13 08:19:26

Brew some ginger beer <hic>

PollyMorph Sun 14-Apr-13 08:45:41

Thanks for the replies everyone, the beef and ginger stirfry and the ginger and chilli marinade will be the first to try I think but the others are fantastic too smile

I will be freezing too as there really is a load!

MousyMouse Sun 14-Apr-13 08:56:45

ginger lemonade.
cut off a few thin sliced and boil it in a little water to release the flavour. take out the ginger, dissolve sugar in the still warm liquid and add some lemon peel.
for one pitch I use the juice of o couple of lemons, the ginger/sugar infusion then fill up with water or sparkling water.

UptoapointLordCopper Sun 14-Apr-13 11:13:47

This is what I cook when I feel unwell - chicken pieces with A LOT of ginger: chop up ginger (or grate them), fry a bit in sesame + sunflower oil, fry with chicken, add rice wine/stock with or without soya sauce depending on what colour food you fancy, stew a while, season. Eat with rice. Infuses a sense of well-being.

brightwell Sun 14-Apr-13 15:20:43

I chuck it in the freezer & grate when needed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now