Talk

Advanced search

What do you feed your fussy kids?

(5 Posts)
babybouncer Fri 12-Apr-13 08:26:14

During the week, DS eats at nursery, but at the weekend we try to eat as a family, but I'm struggling to think of what to cook. He is a bit fussy and he and DH don't eat potatoes. He's fine with veg, loves pasta, sausages and meatballs of any sort, but turns his nose up at anything 'sloppy' - he really wants food separate eg sausage, corn on the cob and bread.
I've run out of ideas - please can you inspire me with you family favourites?

HollyMadison Fri 12-Apr-13 09:02:23

My DS likes separate things. I do a stir fry. Cook it normally and then separate out the beef strips, rice, peppers etc which I put on his plate, each in a little compartment. I use peanut butter as the sauce so it's not too saucy (heh!) but has a bit of taste to it. Watching with interest for further ideas...

babybouncer Fri 12-Apr-13 11:31:04

I do that sometimes for a quick kids' tea - hadn't thought of doing it for all of us.

We often end up with pizza (big hit, but takes a while!), bolognaise, sausage tray bake and garlic bread, toad in the hole or meatballs with pitta, hummus and salad (DS only has meatballs, pitta and grated carrot) and I'm bored of these already!

Gales Fri 12-Apr-13 11:48:38

My Ds2 sounds just like yours, no potatoes, no sauce, but weirdly he does like a lot of things you wouldn't necessarily expect a fussy child to enjoy.

Paella and biryani are his favourites and stir-fry with noodles is a big hit too. Anything with lots of garlic!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 13-Apr-13 09:37:53

Think you need to work on your DH first, sounds like he is just copying his dad.

What I Steve my fussy Lo is exactly the same as I serve the rest of the family. If she doesn't eat it I just assume she's not hungry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now