Talk

Advanced search

Panasonic bread maker owners here please...

(12 Posts)
Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 08-Apr-13 17:00:34

Does anyone else find that the whole meal loaves sink?

Every other bread turns out lovely but every time I make the whole meal sandwhich loaf it sinks. The 70% one is fine it's the 100% that's the problem. Is it me, is it the flour or what???

Tia

ivykaty44 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:02:32

no sinking here? I make bread with flour from a local mill so really is course cut though so this may be why? Though in some way that doens't make sense if your white and 70% etc are fine..?

Water may be the answer - reduce by 10ml

ivykaty44 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:03:48

Have you tried a differnet program for the wholemeal rather than the sandwich loaf?

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 08-Apr-13 17:04:25

Thank you I will try that. It's very strange I have to say. Maybe a better quality whole meal flour is needed too.

ivykaty44 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:17:41

wholemeal from the supermarket does go off very quickly - I have had dud flour from supermaket and took it back and got refund.

It may be has been around far to long.

I got a local milled flour as it is far cheaper than using supermakert flour. I googled for local flour and am lucky there is one 4 miles away and he delivers - 8.50 for a 12kg bag. It is worth searching smile

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 08-Apr-13 17:22:52

In sorry ivy I think I hate you lucky mare who gets like the freshest flour ever wink

I will do that actually, I had no idea flour can go off like that , would perhaps explain it as everything else has worked just fine. smile

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 08-Apr-13 17:24:37

I've got a whole meal loaf in at the moment although I did the 70/30 mix.

ivykaty44 Mon 08-Apr-13 17:27:43

there are others mills still around so do google as you may be surprised to find a working mill somewhere near your home
https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=uk+mills+supplying+local+flour&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=ue9iUdmvJoXYPMvWgaAG

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 08-Apr-13 17:35:37

Can't see one near us but I did see that you can order online so if I can find one that delivers to bucks I'll be happy. Never thought to do that, thank you smile

Lilymaid Mon 08-Apr-13 17:54:07

I've not had a problem with wholemeal loaves sinking using my Panasonic bread maker, but you could try adding a little Vitamin C powder.

TravelinColour Mon 08-Apr-13 17:55:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Mon 08-Apr-13 18:00:02

Another fab tip thank you lily and travel I will definately try the vit c and baking a whole meal rapid load. I suspect it is the flour as god knows how long some of its been sitting around in the shop. I'm also determined to order good quality flour online now too as that would probably be far fresher and far better.

It can't be the bread maker itself could it? Not if the rest works fine?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now