Please help me use up my veg!

(6 Posts)
Dancergirl Mon 08-Apr-13 11:49:25

Fed up with throwing stuff out.

I have in my fridge:

Carrots
Brocolli
Rocket

I've got other stuff too but this needs to be used first! What can I make? I have the usual larder stuff.

dancemom Mon 08-Apr-13 11:54:15

Soup

Roast veg lasagne or risotto

AMumInScotland Mon 08-Apr-13 12:03:18

I reckon almost anything can either be shoved in cheese sauce, then popped in the oven with a mix of breadcrumbs and cheese on the top to go crispy, or else roasted in the oven with a bit of oil and some tomatoes.

Probably not the rocket though... serve that on the side!

mamaonion Mon 08-Apr-13 13:29:33

Carrot cake? (Less healthy alternative!)
Carrots make a lovely dry curry with peas and sometimes potatoes. www.manjulaskitchen.com/2010/11/25/gajar-matar-carrots-with-green-peas/. Nice with chapati and yoghurt.
Broccoli pasta dish? www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/pastawithpurplesprou_3417

ppeatfruit Mon 08-Apr-13 16:04:19

I'd scrub the carrots and steam them whole (depending on how big they are and how long you've got ) when nearly done add the broc. with cuts made in the stalks and either just serve them in a nice bowl with olive oil and lemon juice salt and pepper dressing (put on when they're hot) then just throw the rocket over them.

if you have time you could put a white sauce on them instead (as AmumInScotland said) and or some cheese\breadcrumbs that could be grilled till melting and crunchy.

AnimatedDad Mon 08-Apr-13 17:24:48

Cheese and broccoli quiche with roasted carrot and rocket salad?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now