Talk

Advanced search

easy recipes for fish

(8 Posts)
JumpingJackSprat Mon 08-Apr-13 09:35:53

Ive just recently started eating fish after years of not touching it - i like smoked mackerel, cod, plaice and haddock. ive got some salmon fillets for tonight and was possibly going to bake them but have no idea what spices to use. DP and i like tomato based stuff but i dont like creamy or wine based sauces. any suggestions for the salmon and does anyone have any good recipes for other fish i could try?

Dancergirl Mon 08-Apr-13 11:47:58

I make a marinade for salmon - very easy and delicious. In a bowl mix some olive oil, balsamic vinegar, bit of chilli (either dried or 'easy chilli'), chopped garlic, bit of sugar and lime juice. Marinade your salmon fillets in this for a few hours and bake in the oven for about 12 mins.

Andro Mon 08-Apr-13 12:37:09

I love lemon and black pepper with salmon; either just a little lemon juice with ground black pepper, or a lemon and black pepper butter.

Olive oil, soy sauce and crushed garlic makes a really nice marinade for tuna. Leave to marinade for at least an hour - turning at least once - then sear in a skillet/frying pan for 3-5 minutes each side depending on thickness.

AnimatedDad Mon 08-Apr-13 17:31:11

You could try terriakki... Soy, mustard and honey. Nice with rice or noodles. Fry in a bit of oil rather than bake.

Btw: with salmon my best tip is err on the side of undercooking. It's best just cooked (remember smoked salmon is basically raw). Take out of the pan a bit underdone and it'll cook through Whe you're waiting to eat it.

My best

JumpingJackSprat Mon 08-Apr-13 19:29:39

Thanks everyone dancergirl i went with yours today it was absolutely gorgeous. i forgot to put the sugar in so sprinkled brown sugar on top and it was fantastic so big thumbs up!! Cant wait to try the tuna and teriyaki too smile

sharond101 Mon 08-Apr-13 22:21:20

We top all sorts of fish with pesto then seeds and breadcrumbs and ovenbake

Dancergirl Mon 08-Apr-13 22:21:22

Glad it turned out well. You could also use honey as animated said smile

TimrousBeastie Mon 08-Apr-13 22:25:37

I thought you asked "easy recipes for flesh" grin I blame the zombie toe burning thread above this!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now