Talk

Advanced search

Stuffed peppers

(7 Posts)
MintyyAeroEgg Fri 05-Apr-13 11:57:07

Anyone got a nice recipe or stuffed pepper ideas they want to share?

Tia

This is my favourite (but not for anybody on a diet!):

Slice those long thin red peppers in half and scoop out seeds/membranes.
Meanwhile, mash a packet of feta and mix it with diced red onion, a bit of olive oil, a good squeeze lemon, some herbs and lots of black pepper.
Stuff half of the pepper halves with the feta mix then top with the other halves.
Drizzle over a bit of olive oil and some lemon juice and roast until browning and the cheese is gooey and oozing.
You'll need a sharply dressed salad to go with.

lolalotta Fri 05-Apr-13 18:57:27

I do something similar to Remus but without the lemon juice. I add a little balsamic vinegar/ basil leaves and cherry tomatoes too, with bread crumbs on top! Soooo good! grin

lolalotta Fri 05-Apr-13 18:57:52

I serve mine on a bed of rice...

The best way I've served mine was with saffron rice and a green salad, with lots of thinly sliced red onions and some olives.

BlingLoving Fri 05-Apr-13 20:51:17

Cut them in half, remove seeds etc, drizzle with garlic oil and roast for about 25 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine cooked rice, pine nuts, small cubes of halloumi, chopped tomatoes with some oil, sale, pepper and preferred herbs. Stuff the peppers with the mixture and roast for further 20 minutes.

Or A "sweet" version I make for ds - mix rice with pine nuts, raisins, tomatoes. Add cinnamon, little cumin and oil and stuff.

Annunziata Fri 05-Apr-13 20:52:08

I like red with mozzarella, tomatoes, anchovies and capers, and green with mince, breadcrumbs, egg and parmesan.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now