Talk

Advanced search

Family Cookbook Suggestions...

(2 Posts)
ArtyFartyQueen Thu 04-Apr-13 11:41:20

I'm lacking in inspiration for cooking the family meal in the evening, I've got some Amazon vouchers and thought I might buy a couple of books to excite me again - has anyone got any suggestions? (Btw I have all the Nigella Lawson/Jamie Oliver books!)

Xiaoxiong Thu 04-Apr-13 13:09:24

Feeding the Whole Family

I bought this last year. If you've already got Nigella and Jamie you probably have all the standard go-to family dinner stuff, this book is a bit more offbeat. Everything I've made from it has been absolutely delicious, the whole family has loved it and it has suggestions for dinners that are focused on more unusual things and whole foods eg. beans, millet, tofu.

If you have a baby it also has suggestions of things to hold back for weaning babies while you're making the main recipe so you only cook one thing rather than making something separate for the baby.

It does use American measures but don't let that put you off, they're easy to follow. I have a teatowel with all the conversions to help smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now