Talk

Advanced search

if I make banana bread will it freeze for lunches next week?

(6 Posts)
CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 03-Apr-13 14:09:24

I quite fancy baking with the DDs this afternoon, but we already have a surfeit of sweet treats at home <Easter Bunny overkill>

If we make banana bread could I freeze it in slices for packed lunches next week? and if so is it better to defrost normally or in the microwave?

balia Wed 03-Apr-13 14:12:31

I do this all the time - it freezes beautifully. I let it defrost normally - even if I forget to get it out of the freezer the night before and I get it out in the morning it is ready to eat by lunchtime.

silverfrog Wed 03-Apr-13 14:12:42

I make a gluten and dairy free one (use a 'normal' recipe and substitute appropriately) which freezes fine and defrosts ok - I just leave it out the night before and it is fine by the morning.

if a gf/df one can survive then anything can, I reckon!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Wed 03-Apr-13 14:24:45

brilliant - thanks guys
I might do a chocolate chip one to use up some of the surplus easter eggs.

HarrySnotter Wed 03-Apr-13 17:51:55

I'm going to sound like a right thicko here but what's the difference between banana bread and banana loaf?

lucamom Wed 03-Apr-13 17:59:24

I make this for lunches (call it banana bread so sounds mildly healthier but it's actually more banana cake-similar principle with muffins, somehow allowed for brekkie or packed lunch!). Slice when cooked and wrap individually then place (still frozen) in lunch box in morning and has defrosted by lunch but has also served to keep sandwiches etc cool!

The recipe is, I think, one that originated from mumsnet, so thanks to whoever it was!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now