Talk

Advanced search

Recipes without tomatoes help!

(9 Posts)
mommabee Tue 02-Apr-13 15:30:07

My dd 16 months is a fussy eater and I'm struggling to get her to eat anything with much nutritional value. She doesn't like tomatoes or tomatoey sauces so I need some inspiration for main meals. So far she's on cottage pie, fish pie and carbonara! Do you have any other ideas!? Thanks

Moominsarehippos Tue 02-Apr-13 15:35:00

Omelette, macaroni cheese, home made fish cakes/fingers

Does she eat red meat and chicken?

mommabee Tue 02-Apr-13 16:22:44

Thanks, yes she eats meat have had success with her with chicken and mince so far

mrsvilliers Tue 02-Apr-13 18:37:46

Homemade pesto with pasta? I have one with added spinach on my blog http://www.toddler-recipes.co.uk/sneaky-spinach-pesto.html Sometimes I add a portion of diced chicken as well. Risotto might go down well too?

Mind's the opposite, all about tomato sauces and not much else :-)

mrsvilliers Tue 02-Apr-13 18:38:11

Mine, not mind, obviously!

mamij Tue 02-Apr-13 20:02:48

Does she like fish? How about a smoked haddock and leek risotto? Or a fish chowder?

Paella's are good as there are bits of everything in, and she can leave the stuff she doesn't like.

Fried rice with eggs and peas/sweetcorn/bacon/ham.

Pasta with broccoli and a cream sauce.

Mine love chicken drumsticks or wings, but don't like fillets or strips of chicken. Usually roast the chicken with veggies on the side.

HappyAsASandboy Tue 02-Apr-13 20:27:06

Chicken, ham and leek stew/pie. Just sweat/fry lots of leeks, fry off some chicken and ham pieces, stick them all in a casserole or slow cooker with some carrots/peas and leave for a few hours. Serve with pasta or mash, with or without a pie lid. Delicious smile

mommabee Tue 02-Apr-13 21:02:39

Oooh some good ideas, and things my DS will eat too so they can have the same thing! Thanks

spilttheteaagain Wed 03-Apr-13 21:39:46

Egg fried rice (can have finely diced onion and some peas in this)

Risottos go down a treat here. You can pretty much blend the raw onion to a puree if necessary before frying it at the start and then it's impossible to pick out. Then add any other veg/meat/fish you think will be enjoyed.

Cauliflower and broccoli cheese. I actually had great success liquidising this and using it as pasta sauce. DD thought she was getting cheesy pasta, I knew she was eating masses of cauliflower. Result.

Scrambed eggs?

Korma?

Stroganoff? I made a beef one tonight that DD (19 months) really enjoyed with some rice and broccoli.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now