Talk

Advanced search

2 packs of mozzarella wwyd apart from pizza

(20 Posts)
mamacoffee Tue 02-Apr-13 08:50:06

Hi

We had pizza yday and will be having leftover s for lunch so I need something different for dinner. I was planning on roast veg and mozzarella tart but now I think it's too similar to yesterday s dinner (and today's lunch grin)

EyePad Tue 02-Apr-13 08:53:23

pasta with a tomato and mozzarella sauce . melt the mozz into the sauce?
Funnily enough i had to check a packet of mozz yesterday as i kept thinking i must use it, and now it is well out of date.

EyePad Tue 02-Apr-13 08:54:06

chuck not check

AnnieLobeseder Tue 02-Apr-13 08:54:12

It's yummy in lumps in mac cheese or pasta bake.

daisydoodoo Tue 02-Apr-13 08:54:34

Chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in ham/bacon?

Aubergine parmigiana

Nolda Tue 02-Apr-13 08:58:08

Stuff chicken thigh fillets with mozzarella, rosemary and chilli flakes. Use toothpicks to keep them together, brush with olive oil and roast in the oven.

mrsvilliers Tue 02-Apr-13 10:44:14

HFW's tinned tom and mozzarella risotto is good, it's no 3 on the list here http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2013/jan/25/tinned-tomato-recipes-fearnley-whittingstall

I was really sceptical about using tinned tomatoes in a risotto but it's very tasty.

I was just about to start this very thread!

I might do a butternut squash and leek pasta bake.

curlyclaz13 Tue 02-Apr-13 10:52:59

another vote for the risotto it is very good. pasta bake with some mixed in and some on top.

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Tue 02-Apr-13 10:54:28

We had pasta with savoy cabbage, bacon, pine nuts and mozarrella cheese for dinner on saturday, its quick and easy and yummy!

Tricolore salad - tomatoes, mozzerella, avocado and basil leaves, with a vinegrette dressing. My favourite lunch.

notnowImreading Tue 02-Apr-13 11:06:58

Ooh, yes, I was just coming on to suggest the salad too. Add toasted pine nuts and swap vinaigrette dressing for one made with crushed garlic, salt, honey, oil and balsamic vinegar.

laptopwieldingharpy Tue 02-Apr-13 11:09:12

If its fresh mozzarella (in water) i think its a waste to bake it.
I'd just chop and scatter on any of the suggestion above while piping hot.

Jaimie olliver oes a great marinated mozza recipe.
Whisk single cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and chopped basil, geberous seaoning of salt and pepper ( and a dash of finely chopped green chilli if you like the heat)
Pour over thinly sliced mozarella and leave to rest in fridge.
Use that as a bruschetta base with any combination of fresh chopped toms, avocado,rocket and copious amounts of olive oil.

You can also make a "crudaiola" sauce wich is as above a base of chopped raw tomato/ fresh mozzarella( marinated or not) and lots of olive oil and toss that in hot pasta or a simple butter risotto.
Sliced fresh garlic and chilli optional.

Am hungry now. No decent mozarella where i live.

laptopwieldingharpy Tue 02-Apr-13 11:10:45

Mmmmm yes just a salad. But really you need the crusty bread dipped in olive oil don't you?

Yes, tricolore salad. Delicious.

bigkidsdidit Tue 02-Apr-13 11:12:41

I would just eat them like an apple blush

Mine is proper fresh stuff but I really don't like it in salads - tasteless and slimy stuff!

onthemetro Tue 02-Apr-13 11:29:17

We often have spinach mixed with melted mozzarella as a side dish, they go together very well!

rootypig Tue 02-Apr-13 11:41:59

aubergine and mozzarella pasta, yum

mamacoffee Wed 03-Apr-13 23:05:32

Wow Thanks for all the idea s!! We opted for pasta with king prawns in tomato sauce (I slow cook this and freeze it) and mozzarella smile yummy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now