Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lamb with anchovies

(10 Posts)
wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 02:37:47

I'm going to try this on Monday, just wondered if anyone else has done it?

TheSkiingGardener Mon 01-Apr-13 03:29:04

Been doing it for years, 'tis lovely!

Enjoy

wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 09:40:50

Thanks skiing! My plan is to brown it, then make slits in it, and shove garlic, rosemary and the anchovies in. Does that sound like a plan?

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Mon 01-Apr-13 09:44:13

I did it a while ago. DH said it was the tastiest roast lamb he had ever had. I found it a bit rich, even though I love anchovies and can eat them straight fromthe tin.

JamNan Mon 01-Apr-13 10:06:32

Sounds delicious. Please let us know how it goes.

TheSkiingGardener Mon 01-Apr-13 11:17:37

Sounds like an excellent plan. I love the smell as it pervades the house with lovely roast lambiness too!

wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 18:40:51

Lamb is in. I had issues finding a frying pan big enough to brown it. Think we may have overdone it, there's only dh and I grin . I could put some aside for 6 month old ds for tomorrow, but not sure if the anchovies will be too salty?

wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 21:34:34

The lamb was lovely, but I think we will leave the anchovies out next time. The taste was great, but I thought that they would melt away. They ended up being a bit grainy whenever we ate a bit of lamb with it in. Still worth the effort though! Had roast tatties and creamed cabbage with it.

KittenOfDoom Tue 02-Apr-13 01:54:30

I do it by making loads and loads of slits in the meat. Then chop up the garlic and herbs, snip up the anchovies and pound it all to a paste with some olive oil with pestle and mortar. Smear it all over the joint, rubbing it well in so it goes into the slits. Bit of a messy job but this way you don't get isolated mouthfuls of anchovy, just a more even spread of flavours.

wibblyjelly Tue 02-Apr-13 11:41:20

That may be where I went wrong, Kitten, I just shoved it all in whole into the slits. Will they and make a paste next time grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now