Talk

Advanced search

Lamb with anchovies

(10 Posts)
wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 02:37:47

I'm going to try this on Monday, just wondered if anyone else has done it?

TheSkiingGardener Mon 01-Apr-13 03:29:04

Been doing it for years, 'tis lovely!

Enjoy

wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 09:40:50

Thanks skiing! My plan is to brown it, then make slits in it, and shove garlic, rosemary and the anchovies in. Does that sound like a plan?

WhoKnowsWhereTheChocolateGoes Mon 01-Apr-13 09:44:13

I did it a while ago. DH said it was the tastiest roast lamb he had ever had. I found it a bit rich, even though I love anchovies and can eat them straight fromthe tin.

JamNan Mon 01-Apr-13 10:06:32

Sounds delicious. Please let us know how it goes.

TheSkiingGardener Mon 01-Apr-13 11:17:37

Sounds like an excellent plan. I love the smell as it pervades the house with lovely roast lambiness too!

wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 18:40:51

Lamb is in. I had issues finding a frying pan big enough to brown it. Think we may have overdone it, there's only dh and I grin . I could put some aside for 6 month old ds for tomorrow, but not sure if the anchovies will be too salty?

wibblyjelly Mon 01-Apr-13 21:34:34

The lamb was lovely, but I think we will leave the anchovies out next time. The taste was great, but I thought that they would melt away. They ended up being a bit grainy whenever we ate a bit of lamb with it in. Still worth the effort though! Had roast tatties and creamed cabbage with it.

KittenOfDoom Tue 02-Apr-13 01:54:30

I do it by making loads and loads of slits in the meat. Then chop up the garlic and herbs, snip up the anchovies and pound it all to a paste with some olive oil with pestle and mortar. Smear it all over the joint, rubbing it well in so it goes into the slits. Bit of a messy job but this way you don't get isolated mouthfuls of anchovy, just a more even spread of flavours.

wibblyjelly Tue 02-Apr-13 11:41:20

That may be where I went wrong, Kitten, I just shoved it all in whole into the slits. Will they and make a paste next time grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: