Talk

Advanced search

12 for lunch, 2 wheat+dairy free, 2 veggie. Any ideas?!

(4 Posts)
randomtask Fri 29-Mar-13 18:10:39

Included in this are children aged 1, 3, 7, 9, 12, 14 & 16. Oh & seating for 4 (6 at a push) at a table.

So, it needs to either be buffet style bread plus nice stuff or something that can be eaten with a fork. Come to think of it we may not even have enough plates...

Anyhow, any suggestions for something easy? Won't be home the day before to do any preparation but doesn't need to be anything too impressive either!

Thank you in advance!

jenduck Fri 29-Mar-13 19:51:58

I think your idea of a buffet is a good one. So, a couple of french sticks (I'm sure you can get gluten-free ones too), some naice ham, a big block of cheese, salads (green, rice & potato), couscous. I'd normally have sausage rolls/pork pies but in your case would steer clear of these as they are definitely not gluten or meat-free!

Alternatively, a big vat of veg soup or curry, done in the slow cooker (I know you said no preparation but that would only take 5 mins) with rice etc.

Puddings could be fruit salad, cheesecake & some little , cakes plus ice-cream.

dairymoo Fri 29-Mar-13 21:50:25

Big vat of chilli & smaller vat of sweet potato & black bean chilli served with brown rice with lots of toppings like guacamole, salsa, cheese, sour cream etc. Both chillis could be made a couple of days in advance, and would probably benefit from it too in terms of flavour.

Serve in bowls to eat with a fork.

Nigella's quick chilli with chorizo is lovely & very easy.

And this is the sweet potato chilli recipe that I use.

soaccidentprone Fri 29-Mar-13 21:56:33

jacket potatoes with various fillings?

cheese
chilli
guacamole
salsa
couple of different salads
nachos/Tortilla's
slices of Spanish omelette
coleslaw

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now