Talk

Advanced search

do you make your own tamales?

(11 Posts)
Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 11:55:39

please please please tell me how, especially if you do it quickly and easily ish

snoworneahva Wed 27-Mar-13 11:57:52

I've always wanted to - tis a bit of a faff though, and the proper ingredients are hard to get....hope you get some positive replies.

Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 12:01:15

thanks

I am open to cheating somehow, I could even eat them from a can, but it must be possible!

snoworneahva Wed 27-Mar-13 12:25:04

I haven't even been able to find a proper version in a restaurant and I've been hankering after them for years.

mrsdinklage Wed 27-Mar-13 12:30:42

ok blush what is a tamale ?

mrsdinklage Wed 27-Mar-13 12:35:46

Right - I just had a look on the bbc good food recipies page - they sound lovely, I think I'll try that recipe for tea and get back to you

Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 12:37:27

they are greasy spicy fattening stodge really

but great comfort food, I like them filled with beans and cheese but you can get beef, chicken etc - it's a sort of dough, filled as above, then wrapped in corn husks and steamed

the canned ones are really vile so why I sometimes wake up drooling over them is anyone's guess blush

Arithmeticulous Wed 27-Mar-13 12:38:12

I have no idea what they are or how to make them but you've made me hanker after the old ceebeebies lunchtime song grin

Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 12:41:58

oh I cross posted, is there actually a recipe on bbc food thing?

Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 12:44:37

found it

and link to tamale ingredients in uk!

I knew as soon as I woke up this morning that it was going to be a Great Day

mrsdinklage Wed 27-Mar-13 12:52:25

Mitchy grin
tis a great day - its still snowing here
Perfect day for sitting in front of the fire mn'ing wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now