Talk

Advanced search

Help, please! Electric carving knife recommendatins, anyone??

(7 Posts)
polyhymnia Wed 27-Mar-13 11:20:42

My DH has been happily cutting roasts including Christmas turkeys, etc for years with an electric carving knife.

Ours has given up the ghost, and I've been trying to replace it but there seem very few around and what there are seem cheap/ poor quality.

Has anyone got any recommendations, please, for brands/ models that work well and are reliable. We don't mind paying a premium price if justified.

All suggestions welcome, if possible in time for our Easter family lunch party!!

TIA

snoworneahva Wed 27-Mar-13 12:28:51

Buy a decent knife - forget about the electric bit.

polyhymnia Wed 27-Mar-13 13:22:32

We do have a decent one - he's just struggling a bit with the transition but seems like it's one we need to make!

snoworneahva Wed 27-Mar-13 13:30:53

I think the reason why you can't find one is that most people have realised they are unnecessary. Take him to a nice kitchen shop and get him to try a few good brands. The feel of a knife in your hand is everything. I am in love my Wusthof cooks knife and was convinced I'd like their paring knife from the same range but I was magnetically attracted to the Henkels. Knives are not things to have a matching set in. smile

wheredidiputit Wed 27-Mar-13 14:16:52

Is he left handed.

polyhymnia Thu 28-Mar-13 10:29:10

No. It's just that we are both cack-handed! Plus he's got a sprained wrist at the moment!

Obviously these knives have had their day and we need to move on. Have a very good kitchen shop nearby so we need to look at knives - and handle them - there. Thanks.

wheredidiputit Thu 28-Mar-13 10:40:52

Me too.

I have a meat slice instead of a carving knife.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now