OH won't eat the following
Pasta
Rice
Couscous
Boiled/Mash potatoes
Meat in any sauce of any description
Mince
Any veggies.

I'm at a loss of what to cook for him and want to tell him to make his own damn dinner. I have 2 DS 7 and 3 who will eat all of the above he is driving me crazy so give me your meal ideas! Thank you grin

CogitoErgoSometimes Wed 27-Mar-13 11:44:42

I think your first reaction was correct. When he cooks for everyone he can choose the dishes he likes. When you're cooking for everyone you do the same. He isn't fussy btw.. he has disordered eating issues, could be malnourished, and should really see a doctor.

piprabbit Wed 27-Mar-13 11:46:12

Eggy bread?

colditz Wed 27-Mar-13 12:10:59

Your OH needs to get a grip hmm

colditz Wed 27-Mar-13 12:11:53

Here's my idea.

"Sort your own dinner out you spoilt little brat"

Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 12:14:25

what does he eat then? Is he a fruitarian?

seeker Wed 27-Mar-13 12:16:24

What's stopping you telling him to cook his own damn dinner?

snoworneahva Wed 27-Mar-13 12:23:25

I'd make him cook. Seriously, that would annoy the bejesus out of me.

footyfan Wed 27-Mar-13 12:26:42

I thought this must be a typo - and you meant 4 year old!

If you still want to cook for him - then get him to give you suggestions at the beginning of the week. Or tell him to cook for a month - so you get to know what he likes.

It might also make him realise how difficult it is to keep coming up with new ideas for dinners (especially when having to deal with someone so picky).

QueenFuri Wed 27-Mar-13 12:33:20

grin at fruitarian he wont eat fruit either.
Its all his bloody mothers fault she admitted that if he didnt want it as a kid she would make him toast hmm or if they were having something he didn't like would make another meal. I refuse to do this for the DC nevermind a grownman. He will eat soup, sandwiches, roast meat oh and roast potatoes amongst other stuffBut I do like your ideas of telling him to do his own. He is blummin worse than a child!

colditz Wed 27-Mar-13 12:37:05

Goodness, genuinely a big spoilt brat then! I'd have no truck with this. I would provide a balanced meal that the children will eat and inform him that that is dinner. The end.

He's setting such a bad example.

Mitchy1nge Wed 27-Mar-13 12:40:07

it's his mum's fault

and it's your job to feed him

he sounds like me, nothing is ever my responsibility either

seeker Wed 27-Mar-13 12:55:33

Absolutely. His mother's fault. She sits next to him forbidding him to eat things.

piprabbit Wed 27-Mar-13 12:59:39

At 40 yo, it is definitely his own fault. His alone. Not the women who have the misfortune to be close to him.

Theicingontop Fri 19-Apr-13 13:11:01

No fruits or vegetables?? shock

I agree, it's time you stopped pandering, nevermind finding new recipes for him. Make a nice dinner, and tell him he either eats what you've cooked or makes his own. This habit of serving him another dinner in front of the children is setting an awful example.

fedupwithdeployment Fri 19-Apr-13 13:20:23

I wouldn't be able to cope with that at all. Needs to grow up. We had an AP like that once...she didn't last long. she refused fruit and veg - looked v unhealthy and kept having awful colds. Didn't work for us. Your DH's diet sounds dire - apart from being supremely irritating. Good luck OP.

dozily Fri 19-Apr-13 14:37:29

What does he do if you make spag bol or stew or chilli and rice? Does he eat any of it? Doesn't he feel like he's missing out and want to change? confused

ArthurCucumber Fri 19-Apr-13 14:42:54

Nope, not "his mother's fault". My mother used to wipe my arse for me, but - having reached my 40s - I'm all over that now.

How about you cook for yourself and the little guys, and he gets his big baby self into the kitchen and cooks something he's willing to eat?

(And then clears up afterwards, just in case you'd then be facing double the kitchen cleaning.)

forevergreek Fri 19-Apr-13 15:02:38

Does he eat fish?

Any veg/ fruit?

My only suggestion is meat/ fish with a salad/ veg ( but I'm assuming he won't eat?)
Sounds mad!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now