Talk

Advanced search

quick help needed

(8 Posts)
yawningmonster Thu 24-Jan-13 04:04:09

Done my usual baked risotto in oven but used a different stock mix and it is too salty...how can I save it please?

yawningmonster Thu 24-Jan-13 04:07:00

google says to add a dash of sugar and a squirt of lemon, will that work?

TanteRose Thu 24-Jan-13 04:08:11

hmm, if you were in the middle of cooking it, I would suggest adding slices of potato, as this would absorb the salt...but its already finished, right?

make another one, without salt, and mix them together? confused

sorry, not much help..

yawningmonster Thu 24-Jan-13 04:12:36

thanks tante not sure the apparently starving occupants of my lounge would cope with waiting for another to bake.

TanteRose Thu 24-Jan-13 04:14:32

OK, a dash of sugar and lemon it is grin

then if it really is inedible, make everyone pancakes and use up the rest of the sugar and lemon <yum>

TanteRose Thu 24-Jan-13 04:15:45

ooh actually, could you make pancakes and put a little of the risotto in each, roll it up, sprinkle cheese and stick under the grill...maybe they won't notice the saltiness then?

yawningmonster Thu 24-Jan-13 04:24:06

right taken a small amount out and tested the lemon and sugar, after a few goes at getting the balance right it seems ok. Unfortunately I mentioned the pancake idea to ds which he loved and am now off to whip up a batch to roll the mix in.

Thanks for suggestions tante particularly from ds he thinks you are a cooking ninja (his words not mine)

TanteRose Thu 24-Jan-13 04:26:44

smile

oops, sorry to make extra work for you, yawning!

hope you enjoy the risotto-filled savoury pancakes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now