Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Meal ideas needed!

(9 Posts)
MammytoM Thu 10-Jan-13 15:16:06

My little boy is 14 months old and I feel like I'm giving him the same thing all the time. Inspiration needed! He doesn't have jars much any more. He likes roast dinner, pasta with garlic bread and fish fingers with waffles. Obviously thats not all I feed him shock but those are his favourites. What do your little ones have?

defineme Thu 10-Jan-13 15:21:10

Standard stuff like shepherds pie/stew/stir fry/fish w rice-everything we have without the salt and very chopped up. They also liked at that age 'pick' dinners with a buffet on a plate of lots of cold stuff and they always really liked houmous. Egg and soldiers was probably their favourite though!

Drladybird Thu 10-Jan-13 17:07:44

From a young age, my little one has loved mild veggie curries
She also enjoys vegetable noodle soup with egg which is a great way to get egg into little ones!

YDdraigGoch Thu 10-Jan-13 17:14:05

At that ageing think I fed DDs whatever we ate, but cut up small.
What kind of things do you usually eat?

yousankmybattleship Thu 10-Jan-13 17:18:55

Mine have always loved curry and savoury souffles. Home made fishcakes are really easy and lovely. When mine were little I used to make them with half normal and half sweet potatoes because they did seem to love sweeter things.

OldBeanbagz Thu 10-Jan-13 17:21:39

I just gave my DC whatever we were eating at that age as we have home cooked meals every night.

The only thing i didn't share was if we had takeaways (too salty) and i generally made their curries a little milder.

MammytoM Thu 10-Jan-13 18:08:06

thanks everyone! My house is a bit like a cafe, hubby doesn't eat any fruit or veg, only meat and chips! So I have different meals to him as I really like my veg. My little one is definitely better off having the same as me - we eat the pasta and the roast dinner together every time. Dreading the time when I have to tell him he cant have chips every day like daddy - think daddy will have to be 'allergic' to veg and fruit hmm

MilkRunningOutAgain Thu 10-Jan-13 19:16:12

My LOs loved meatballs in tomato sauce at that age, perhaps they'd be meaty enough for your DH too? You don't have to have the sauce, but the kids love it.

Meatballs, mix together a pack of mince, a finely chopped onion, bit of pepper, grated apple (optional). Roll into 16 - 20 meat balls, place on an oiled baking tray and bake at about 180 until done, usually about 25 mins. Or you can blend the apple, onion and mince together, in which case you can just chop it roughly.

Sauce is a chopped onion or a leek gently fried in a little oil for 5 minutes, add a chopped red pepper and / or a grated carrot, continue cooking for 5 mins, add a tin of tomatoes and add garlic / pepper to taste. Now they are older I add a bit of soy sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes at least and then blend. Pour over the meatballs and serve.

Serve with rice or potatoes or chips! And peas are nice too.

MammytoM Thu 10-Jan-13 20:16:06

Thank you that sounds yummy! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now