Am I reading it incorrectly or Lulabella is the spicey salmon and lentils one 600 calories and 7gr of Sat Fat per serving?! Not so healthy if that is the case... But am probably reading it incorrectly in my post New Years haze!
Hmm... Combined with the sat fat its too high for me. But I'm a food nazi and try to keep to under 1600 or so a day. Used to be 4 stones heavier and that combined with exercise is how I lost it. Hence I try to keep to it. The chickpea, lentil and chilli soup looks good though.
We're the same height I guess if I was trying to lose a lot it might spur me on to drop more calories, but I tend to feel at my best when I'm eating lots of oily fish, olive oil, avocado etc and exercising. Whatever works for each of us.
all great recipes lullabel .... BUT dp hates fish and most of them r fish related but great web sight i have been on there for some recipes before but never really looked at the website properly .... have picked out some recipes to try for this week so thanx for the heads up ..
i am not really trying to loose weight just be really healthy as ttc ... Also feeding a two year old who is a little wirlwind so needs extra calories
ah hi guys .. have just had a lovely dinner that I kind of invented so thought I would share ... I got the idea from a TV for turkey cottage pie ( Im sure it was river cottage but couldnt find the recipe on the net ) so I thought I would wing it and see how it turned out .... It really was sooo tasty and super healthy so thought I would pass it on so I can brag about it mainly !!! SO here it is , ingredients turkey mince cannellini beans (or whatever ones you prefer) carrots celery coriander garlic leeks spring onions basil herbs de prevance dried poultry gravy (I used from a packed as mine was not thick enough but can use thickening agent and stock etc )
for the mash = sweet potatoes butternut squash and knob of butter
- Start by browning the mince till pretty much cooked then set aside
- add the garlic , and all herbs i used fresh with a pinch of dry to increase flavour to frying pan with little oil
- chop the carrots , leeks , celery and spring onions into tiny cubes (e.g half a cm size ) and add to the pan with cannellini beans
- mean while chop the squash in half wrap in foil and put in the oven (for about an hour) . peel chop and steam the sweet pot until ready to mash
- while squash and sweet pot r cooking add your stock to the veg and cook until soft ( texture to taste i like mine really squidgy but the less cooked the more vits retained )
add turkey back to the pan and then thicken ( i used gravy )
pour into a deep casserole dish
mash sweet pot , then scoop the squash out of its skin add to sweet pots with a knob of butter and some chopped coriander and put on top mince mix
grate on a small sprinkling of cheese (optional but it helps the top to crisp and go a little chewey for extra yummyness )
and oven til top goes crispy !!!!
enjoy ......let me know if anyone trys this and what u think