Talk

Advanced search

I was going to make quiche but I bought puff pastry...

(9 Posts)
NotAnotherNewNappy Mon 31-Dec-12 13:52:39

Please help me work out way to make instead?

I have eggs, cream, broccoli & Stilton (or just cheddar for the DC), cooked chicken.... And not much else... can you tell it's a Xmas left over dinner?

TIA

HecatePropolos Mon 31-Dec-12 13:53:43

Can't you just put that into the puff pastry? I bet it would be lovely

Pasties? That's where my leftovers often end up. Or a pie with a puff pastry lid?

emsyj Mon 31-Dec-12 13:55:37

Can't you just make some shortcrust pastry? It's not hard, lard and plain flour plus a few spoonfuls of water to bind it once you've rubbed in. Half fat to flour so 100g lard plus 200g flour.

Or just make the pie itself without a pastry case - in an ovenproof dish - and lay over a rolled out sheet of puff pastry for a pie top. Sounds very nice, I could just eat that myself...

emsyj Mon 31-Dec-12 13:56:02

I want a pie now sad.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 31-Dec-12 13:58:43

Ach, just still use the puff, it'll be fine.
I'd maybe lightly score round the inside diameter of the tin. Don't cut all the way through though. And then blind bake, having stabbed the inner bit with a fork a few times.

Jojay Mon 31-Dec-12 14:05:01

What Hazel said.

Puff pastry quiches do exist - see here

NotAnotherNewNappy Mon 31-Dec-12 14:15:41

Lovely, thank you, I will try a cheesy tart puffy quiche thingie... No flour to make more pastry, and I need to use the bloody puff stuff up, but I'm actually looking forward to it now.

HazeltheMcWitch Mon 31-Dec-12 14:45:28

Sounds delish. Cheese + pastry = no downside, IMHO.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now