Talk

Advanced search

Mousakka in a slow cooker?

(4 Posts)
ripsishere Mon 19-Nov-12 01:57:33

I've got the basics, minced lamb (possibly mutton), aubergines, cinnamon and the rest of the gear, I was planning to layer it all up and turn it on.
What is puzzling me is the top layer. AFAIR, it's a cheesy sauce. Will that be OK if I make it really thick or just grate cheese on top.
Help. I stupidly told DD and DH that they'd be getting it for their tea. I can make something else tonight, but since I've got the mince out of the freezer I need to do it tomorrow.
I can't, or at least would struggle to do it in the cooker. It's a sort of on the worktop toaster oven but bigger.

SantasComingFace Mon 19-Nov-12 06:21:56

A friend of mine does lasagne so can't see it being any different. Seems faffy if you have an oven but as you don't go for it.

SantasComingFace Mon 19-Nov-12 06:23:11

this any help

ripsishere Mon 19-Nov-12 06:40:16

Top effort! I have round aubergines, I doubt it will make any difference though. I honestly can't work out why I am making it. I loathe the purple monstrosities.
I am just sick to death of making curry/chinese/stir fry's and bought a new slow cooker over the weekend.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now