Talk

Advanced search

Leftover, cooked pork chops

(5 Posts)
Yamyoid Tue 13-Nov-12 11:10:46

Any ideas what I can do with the above? I'm not keen on cold pork and don't fancy having them for dinner again reheated. Wondered if anyone has any new and exciting ideas for using them up. Thanks smile

pregnantpause Tue 13-Nov-12 11:31:09

Creamy pork pasta- boil pasta, chop pork into little bits. Very gently fry a sliced onion, and a clove of garlic, and chopped fresh rosemary for a minute or two,when onions cooked and translucent add cream, pepper, and water to loosen. Mix pasta and pork into sauce. Yum.

pregnantpause Tue 13-Nov-12 11:38:44

If not a fan of rosemary and garlic, same as above but replace with a tsp of wholegrain mustard.

I also like to add chopped cooked pork to a pumpkin laksa, where I steam cubed pumpkin, while frying garlic chilli ginger and onions, grate in lemon and line zest(or actually use lemongrass and lime leaves but I never have these) add chicken stock (500ml to a tin of coconut milk) a tin of coconut milk, splash of nam pla, and lemon juice. Add dried noodle nests, pumpkin and pork at hthe end with plenty of chopped corriander and mint. Delicious.

colditz Tue 13-Nov-12 11:45:18

Curry! Everything works with curry.

Nicknamegrief Tue 13-Nov-12 11:46:47

Stir fry?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now