Talk

Advanced search

Best freezer buys

(6 Posts)
desserttime Mon 12-Nov-12 13:57:45

As facing first year hosting Christmas, just wondering if anyone has any freezer favourites from any supermarket/company. I can recommend frozen croissants/pastries that I've found in random garden centres/farm shops. They keep for ages and cook up amazingly. Any other ideas? Thanks!

PinkyCheesy Mon 12-Nov-12 20:49:53

Frozen red/black berries/soft fruits can be used from frozen to make muffins, or stirred into American pancake batter, added to fizzy wine for a bit of glamour, blended with milk/water/yogurt for a smoothie, blended with vodka for a slushy cocktail, mixed up with some liqueur and gently heated to defrost to make a fruity base/compote for icecream.

Tesco small sausage rolls cook from frozen and are actually really tasty (and cheap and come in huge bags)

Co-op frozen duck spring rolls are gorgeous.

desserttime Tue 13-Nov-12 10:13:23

Great, thank you PinkyCheesy, just the kind of idea i was looking for! Duck spring rolls here we come!

SantasComingFace Tue 13-Nov-12 12:19:45

I like to have some chicken goujon things in as they go well with nibbly teas. Iceland gets bad press on here but I like their BBQ chicken ones.

Those casa mama? Pizzas are nice to stick in the oven for supper if anyone is peckish.

We like cooked breakfasts and picky teas over Xmas. I tend to stock up on bacon and sausages and freeze them and have frozen mushrooms, hash browns etc.

sharond101 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:34:00

Iceland do crispy coated thick cut chips for £1 which are great.

sharond101 Tue 13-Nov-12 22:37:21

Aldi have goid chicken breasts frozen for £3.90& they also do nice breaded chicken fillets 4 for £2. Their aberdeen angus beef burgers are best I have bought & pizzas are good too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now