Talk

Advanced search

Mulled Wine - good recipe needed!

(7 Posts)
puzzlepal Sat 10-Nov-12 23:05:10

I don't really drink, but really fancy mulled wine at the moment! Is it worth making my own (never done this) or just buying the supermarket stuff and microwaving it as I do every year? Do you have a tried and tested recipe? Thanks smile

Grockle Sat 10-Nov-12 23:30:34

I always use the one in How to be a Domestic Goddess. It works perfectly & I'm quite fussy about mulled wine. We drink lots of it throughout the winter.

puzzlepal Mon 12-Nov-12 21:29:52

Thanks for replying, Grockle. I haven't got that book but I'll google it and see what turns up smile

notnowImreading Mon 12-Nov-12 21:32:38

The Schwartz tea bag things are pretty good - add 250 ml orange juice and 150 ml brandy plus 3 tbsp sugar to a bottle of wine and bits of fruit and warm up. You're supposed to put the brandy in at the last minute so it's strong but I prefer it when it cooks off so it's not as boozy but you can still taste it.

puzzlepal Mon 12-Nov-12 21:33:30

Ok, just googled it. Earl Grey tea! Seriously? Is this the one?hmm

Grockle Mon 12-Nov-12 21:46:16

Yep, that's it.

Earl grey (you don't notice it in the mulled wine but it makes a difference), honey, rum, oranges, cloves, cinnamon, bottle of red (nice red but not pricey) etc

HollyBollyBooBoo Sat 17-Nov-12 08:24:56

Jamie Oliver's works everytime, basically by making up the syrup and then adding the wine you do actually get some alcohol - that was me sold!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: