Talk

Advanced search

29 yellow peppers....?

(13 Posts)
spilttheteaagain Sat 10-Nov-12 15:56:04

The grocers was selling a massive box for £2.50. Turns out there are 29 in there!! grin
So, I have chopped and frozen about 10 of them but am bored of doing that now.

Any pepper recipes anyone can recommend?

They're in quite good nick so will last a couple of weeks in the fridge.

MousyMouse Sat 10-Nov-12 16:01:03

goulasch?
stuffed peppers?

spilttheteaagain Sat 10-Nov-12 16:05:39

What do you stuff peppers with taht is tasty? If I fill them with rice & lentils DH will not be impressed!

MousyMouse Sat 10-Nov-12 16:17:35

I fill them with a mix of rice (half cooked) and mince (fried with onions and herbs).

BlingLoving Sat 10-Nov-12 16:32:44

I put peppers in everything. Add to onion/celery base for soup, include in sir fries, roast it with other veg etc

I tried a Jamie salsa the other day where you fry peppers with chilli and tomatoe while frying lamb, then chop the veg up and add olive oil a d red wine vinegar and basil. Delicious.

Stuff with halloimi and pine nuts - roast the peppers then chop another pepper, mix it with cheese and pine nuts, add olive oil and bake.

You can do dips too although I don't.

Wheresmycaffeinedrip Sat 10-Nov-12 16:35:53

What about roasting and putting in jars in oil?

Ratatouille ?
Stir fry
Soup

sashh Sun 11-Nov-12 02:57:34

Cut into strips.

Slice a mushroom or two

capers

olives (sliced)

olive oil

1 clove of garlic per jar

peel the garlic and put in the bottom of the jar. Layer strips of pepper, mushroom capers and olives.

pour over the olive oil and leave for a week.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 11-Nov-12 18:03:10

Soup. Roasted pepper soup would be lovely.

Another vote also for (roasted pepper) dip.

I do have teeth, I'd like to point out. But soup and dip are the first things that come to mind.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 11-Nov-12 18:04:37

ooh, you could also make up a batch of (roasted pepper) pasta sauce as well. And freeze in portions.

TheToadLessTravelled Sun 11-Nov-12 18:08:01

Roast for 30mins with balsamic vinegar and olive oil then serve on a salad - yummmm. Can also roast up courgettes, shallots, red onion, tomato, all sorts of things go well roasted with salad.

CelticPromise Sun 11-Nov-12 18:14:45

Chachouka. Fry with onions until soft. Add paprika cumin and saffron and a tin of tomatoes. When it's heated through make wells in the top, crack an egg into each and bake in the oven. Eat with flatbread.

Peperonata. Which is the above without the spices or eggs.

The proper recipes are in River Cottage Veg Everyday but I think I've got them vaguely right!

SantasComingFace Sun 11-Nov-12 18:45:22

I'd have fajitas everyday as I love them but we rarely have them grin

spilttheteaagain Tue 13-Nov-12 20:36:41

Sorry to ask for ideas and then bugger off for days, DD got D&V so have been swamped in vomit and laundry and rather less concerned with my pepper conumdrum.

However, all back to rights now and the ideas are fab. I do like the sound of your two celtic and have Veg everyday so will give those a go.

Bling is this the salsa? Looks great. Do you think it would work with pork chops instead? Have loads of those in the freezer. Maybe with new potatoes.

I think my hesitation with roasting and then pureeing a la pasta sauce/soup is the yellow-ness. We are only very recently through the mustard yellow nappy stage and I fear the thick yellow sauce may prove a bit unappealing! Roasted on salad sounds nice though, esp with balsamic.

Thanks again all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now