Advanced search

Christmassy lunchbox ideas?

(8 Posts)
happyhorse Fri 09-Nov-12 19:52:24

DS is in reception and takes packed lunch as he's a bit too much of a fusspot for school dinners. On the day of school Christmas dinner I've told him that I'll make him a Christmassy packed lunch so he wouldn't feel that he was missing out.

I'll make his sandwiches with Christmas cookie cutters and try to get a little christmassy cake or biscuit, but what else can I include?

fuzzpig Fri 09-Nov-12 19:54:03

A fruit pot with cutted up red and green fruits?

(I was all excited about coming on here and saying "cut out sandwiches with cookie cutters" but I see you beat me to it <hmmph>)

Grockle Fri 09-Nov-12 20:05:10

Mince pie, sausage roll

Chocolate crispy cake with a blob of white icing & a cherry on top (like an xmas pud)

Gingerbread shapes

ByTheWay1 Fri 09-Nov-12 20:08:47

pigs in blankets
turkey nuggets
ketchup dip
wouldn't do sandwiches....

happyhorse Sun 11-Nov-12 17:24:42

Thanks smile

Allalonenow Sun 11-Nov-12 17:30:12

A satsuma
Some dates stuffed with marzipan

Allalonenow Sun 11-Nov-12 17:43:24

Orange jelly with pomegranate "gems" set in it
A chocolate tree decoration
A slice of stollen
A note from Rudolf hoping he enjoys his lunch and eats it all up!

ptangyangkipperbang Sun 11-Nov-12 17:50:22

I'd check how many children take packed lunches on the day of the Christmas Dinner. Where I work 99% of children have the Christmas Dinner when normally it's half dinners, half lunchboxes. Even if they don't eat much they feel part of the fun! EVERY child gets a cracker, music plays and the teaching staff wear silly hats and clear up but for some reason those with a Christmas Dinner seem to have more fun!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now