Talk

Advanced search

I invited a few paople for my dh next saturday but i can't cook.please help...

(3 Posts)
asianmum Thu 08-Nov-12 19:12:28

What are the easy food to prepare for adults and children. There will probably be 5 kids and 10 adults. I'm planning to serve buffet food and they'll just help themselves. It will be around 5pm. What type of food should I prepare considering that I'm not really a good cook. Are there ready to eat food out there I can order?

How about doing lots of jacket potatoes and then a selection of things to have with them:
coleslaw
big bowl grated cheese
some chopped red onion
maybe tuna and sweetcorn
a big bowl of salad

Or you could do jacket potatoes and a pan of chilli, plus bowls of cheese, salad, soured cream, guacamole, salsa maybe?

defineme Thu 08-Nov-12 19:21:58

If I had no time to prepare stuff I'd just heat up some quiches/sausage rolls/pizzas then cut them up and serve alongside crisps/dips/carrot sticks/cherry tomatoes/bag of salad;sliced french bread maybe some cold meats/coldslaw.I'd put dressing and butter out too.

Buy large frozen gateux for pudding and serve with defrosted bags of frozen forest fruits/cream

If you were thinking posher then smoked salmon or mezze like stuffed vine leaves/cream cheese stuffed peppers/pates -all can be bought.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now