Talk

Advanced search

Ideas, please, for a mail order gift for a foodie

(11 Posts)
rubyhorse Wed 07-Nov-12 19:36:29

Hello - I owe my neighbours a really nice gift, as they stepped in when DH was away and my waters broke - took me to hospital, stayed with older children, got them ready for school, school run...

I know that they are both real foodies, but that neither of them has a sweet tooth. Could anyone recommend some really good mail order treats that I could have delivered as a surprise, please? I know they're only down the road, but shopping IRL is a bit tricky with a newborn :-).

boyhasadream Wed 07-Nov-12 19:38:20

Something from fortnum & mason?

boyhasadream Wed 07-Nov-12 19:38:41

What fab neighbours btw!

ChaosTrulyReigns Wed 07-Nov-12 19:39:35

There's a compay that delivers a different spice mix each month.

I'll have a goolge in a bit.

Runningblue Wed 07-Nov-12 19:40:08

Foxs spices do the loveliest kits - garlic lovers, chilli lovers,Indonesian kit etc.

They don't have a website but don't be alarmed by that- they're just a bit old school! If you phone them for a catalogue, they send one very quickly.

www.gourmetbritain.com/mailorder_entry.php?item=199

Sharpkat Wed 07-Nov-12 19:40:16

Have used Forman & Field before and was great. Had it delivered to me so can vouch for quality smile

Sonofagun Wed 07-Nov-12 19:44:00

What about a cheese box/hamper

http://www.finecheese.co.uk/

Sonofagun Wed 07-Nov-12 19:44:36

www.finecheese.co.uk/

AgentProvocateur Wed 07-Nov-12 19:50:39

I was going to suggest that cheese company too. I've had a few selections from them and have never been disappointed.

shoppingbagsundereyes Wed 07-Nov-12 19:58:31

I like Biscuiteers stuff - very pretty boxes of fancy biscuits

rubyhorse Wed 07-Nov-12 22:18:30

Thanks, everyone. I'm making myself hungry now.

And yes, they were pretty fab.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now