Talk

Advanced search

wine aerators/airers

(5 Posts)
gussiegrips Tue 06-Nov-12 11:38:46

Been wondering about a gadget like this wine breather thingie for my mum's Christmas. She likes a glass of whateverplonk'sonoffer - thought I'd get a crate of wine and her own wine tasting kit.

Anyone used a such a thing? Are they as good as they say they are?
TIA

TellMeLater Wed 07-Nov-12 12:11:55

I use mine all the time. It makes a huge difference to the taste of wine. Of ourse if you decanted it an hour or two before drinking it would do the same job. I have this one

www.amazon.co.uk/Vinturi-Wine-Aerator-Red/dp/B000UPOJ5W/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1352290054&sr=1-2

and something like this one

www.amazon.co.uk/Stainless-Steel-Wine-Aerator-Filter/dp/B006TET5WA/ref=sr_1_4?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1352290198&sr=1-4

I prefer the latter stainless steel one - it doesn't stain and works better imo.

gussiegrips Wed 07-Nov-12 19:37:18

Oh, thanks so much for that. Am in awe of people who decant an hour or two before drinking...

Had a top wine tip too - 'pprantly Aldi's Toro Loco Temperanillo topped Sunday Telegraph's wine list. Beat a bunch of £20+ bottles - it's £3.49. Naturally, I allowed myself an experiment, and have to say, yum. So, there's an excuse to go to Aldi's...

thanks for the tip, that's another present sorted!

TellMeLater Wed 07-Nov-12 20:46:40

Thanks for the tip - I love Tempranillo...might make a trip to Aldi tomorrow.

gussiegrips Wed 07-Nov-12 21:23:27

we can't get it on a friday..sold out every blardy week...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now