Talk

Advanced search

13 month sandwiches

(12 Posts)
Fifi2406 Mon 05-Nov-12 15:12:28

What can I put in sandwiches that isn't ham or cheese don't know if my son is bored of them but I am!! Want to give him other fillers! What do you give yours?

jojane Mon 05-Nov-12 16:01:45

Smooth peanut butter
Cream cheese
Jam
Egg mayo
Tina mayo

PickledFanjoCat Mon 05-Nov-12 16:02:27

Mashed banana Avacado or egg.

Beanbagz Mon 05-Nov-12 16:07:50

Houmous/cream cheese/jam/banana

At that age my DCs would only ever eat butter sandwiches hmm

PickledFanjoCat Mon 05-Nov-12 16:09:03

Cream cheese & jam together is lush.

Apricot jam especially!

Drladybird Mon 05-Nov-12 20:59:51

I like to use nut butters so:
pumpkin seed butter
cashew nut butter
Almond butter etc. Full of goodness and tasty. You can find all sorts of them at health food shops.

storminabuttercup Mon 05-Nov-12 21:43:24

At that age DS loved potted meat

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Nov-12 09:56:23

Thought my DD was the only one who ever asked for butter sandwiches smile. She did also go nuts for cashew nut butter thought too.

ReallyTired Wed 07-Nov-12 10:00:52

When I saw this thread, I thought that someone had found a forgotten lunchbox where the sandwiches were 13 months old. I had visions of some really mouldy sandwiches that had mutated into an advanced lifeform.

Sandwich fillers, chicken, tuna, peanut butter, different types of ham, humous,

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Nov-12 10:05:31

grin at Really.

Beanbagz Wed 07-Nov-12 10:13:44

JiltedJohnsJulie it was step up from the dry bread roll and glass of water we used to get for her in restaurants. Her choice but the other diners were a bit hmm

ReallyTired I had visions of 13 month old sandwiches too. On a recent clear out of DD's bedroom (now 10 and eating cheese & jam sandwiches rather than butter ones) i found a piece of cling film wrapped cake from her residential trip with school 6+ months ago and that was bad enough shock

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 07-Nov-12 10:22:38

Yuk! grin.

Recently asked my DD, who was 4, if she'd like Tuna sandwiches for Lunch. She said yes please so I said "ok I'll get the tuna fish then". "No Mummy!" "Why not, I thought you wanted Tuna Fish". "No Mummy! I want Tuna sandwiches!" "Aren't they the same?" "No Mummy, one is a fish and I asked for Tuna!". "er ok then, I'll get the Tuna instead".

Four year olds are nuts grin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now