Talk

Advanced search

Can you freeze pizza dough?

(5 Posts)
oohnewshoes Mon 05-Nov-12 13:36:13

I have just made pizza dough but it's a double quantity.

can I freeze half or would it be better to cook the base then freeze?

happygilmore Mon 05-Nov-12 13:39:09

you can do either, I freeze the dough on its own as it takes up less space in the freezer.

LurcioLovesFrankie Mon 05-Nov-12 13:40:17

I have friends who swear by this, but I've found that the defrosted dough comes out a bit biscuity, and I prefer to cook both pizzas at once, and save one to be re-heated later (not as good as fresh, but preferable to frozen dough; re-heat in the oven, though, not in a microwave or it will go soggy).

oohnewshoes Mon 05-Nov-12 13:42:17

Thanks, It's my first time making it.

Chepstowmonkey Mon 05-Nov-12 14:58:24

Maybe it depends on the dough? I always freeze mine and I use the Jamie Oliver recipe from the internet. In fact the top shelf of my freezer rarely has anything apart pizza dough and flat bread dough in it.

This weekend however I forgot to take the dough out of the freezer in enough time for it to defrost so I had to put it in the mircowave on defrost when we got back from swimming. Still edible but I wouldn't reccommend it unless you have to. Just take it out for the freezer at breakfast time and it'll be defrosted by lunch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now