Talk

Advanced search

Your favourite pasta dish?

(35 Posts)
KnockKnockPenny Mon 05-Nov-12 08:32:18

Bought loads of pasta at the weekend, now looking for inspiration!

No chilli or olives please :D

AntoinetteCosway Mon 05-Nov-12 08:51:04

Last night we had sauce that was meatballs, tin of chopped tomatoes, onion, oregano and some frozen spinach all fried up. Delicious.

With homemade basil pesto. Yum.

LeBoob Mon 05-Nov-12 09:00:13

Chicken and chorizo bake/ lasagne! It's on the menu tonight

Whatevertheweather Mon 05-Nov-12 09:02:25

Oooh share your chicken and chorizo recipe leboob dd and dp's 2 favourite ingredients smile

Rindercella Mon 05-Nov-12 09:04:47

Too lazy to make my own pesto, but this slightly jazzed up pesto pasta is yum...

Fry off a red onion in some olive oil. Add some chopped pancetta. Then add as much pesto as you like (I usually use about half a jar) stir it in, add some creme fraiche, then grated parmesan and black pepper. Add cooked pasta (including just a little of the pasta water), give it a stir and serve.

You can also add grilled chicken. Ooh, and some pine nuts.

SpottyTeacakes Mon 05-Nov-12 09:08:09

The Jamie Oliver one with bacon, pease, mint, créme frâiche and Parmesan smile

LeBoob Mon 05-Nov-12 09:09:25

I kind of do it by eye, it works best with chicken leftovers or a cooked chicken too.

So, it's chicken, about half a sliced chorizo, diced onion( I prefer red), 2 tins or tomatoes, or 1 and a carton of passatta, clove of garlic, plenty of pepper, a dash of salt and maybe a little sugar to balance out the acidity of the tomatoes. It's then just bung it all in a pan and let it simmer. For lasagne make like you do with ragu, for a bake mix in a lot bit of mozzerella . It's dead quick and easy! I love it

Shodan Mon 05-Nov-12 09:12:01

Delia does one that's essentially posh macaroni cheese, with bacon and leeks. That's yum. Also I do tuna pesto pasta, which DH loves- just pesto, tinned tuna and cherry tomatoes.

Ruprekt Mon 05-Nov-12 09:12:11

I like a raw tomato and mozzarella recipe.

Buffalo mozz - diced
Fresh tomatoes - diced
garlic - chopped
basil
olive oil

Place all ingredients in a bowl and season, add to hot cooked pasta. Leave pan lid on for mozz to melt a little. Add parmesan and black pepper.

DELISH!

jojane Mon 05-Nov-12 09:14:25

Tuna pasta bake
Carbonara
Chicken and bacon bake
Cheese and pesto pasta
Sausage pasta

TheCunningStunt Mon 05-Nov-12 09:17:15

I like a simple lemon basil linguine. Cook the pasta, add a tablespoon of oil to another pan, add as much grated Parmesan as you like, a squeeze of lemon juice and just stir for a few seconds as the cheese melts and makes a lovely sauce. Mix with cooked pasta, throw some fresh basil and am extra bit of Parmesan and done.

loveulotslikejellytots Mon 05-Nov-12 09:18:33

Fry off some bacon (i use the really cheap smoked cooking bacon, its about £1.75 a pack in asda) onions and peppers. Add a carton of passata or chopped tomatoes. Add garlic, herbs and a bit of chilli if you like. Let that simmer away and thicken up. Add a tablespoon of the grilled pepper Philadelphia and stir until it melts. Drain the pasta saving some of the pasta water. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and add some pasta water if the sauce needs thinning out.

This is so tasty and quite cheap. I do a big batch so I get a couple of lunches out of it as well.

KnockKnockPenny Mon 05-Nov-12 09:35:51

Ohhh some delicious sounding recipes here! Thank you all!

Spotty, I make that one quite often, lovely isnt it?

thestringcheesemassacre Mon 05-Nov-12 09:39:41

Courgettes (with garlic, creme fraiche)
sausage meatballs with rocket and a touch of cream
with lemon, rocket, chilli and parmesan
spicy sausage with fennel seeds

SpottyTeacakes Mon 05-Nov-12 09:45:40

I like it because its easy! I also like Nigella's marmite pasta mmm might have it for lunch!

akaemmafrost Mon 05-Nov-12 09:52:59

Early Jamie Oliver one with prawns, fresh tomatoes, cream, White wine, lemon zest and basil. It's my fool proof, totally delish, make over and over again pasta dish. It's in one of his first books and I can't find it on line.

Nigel Slater's Ragu is the very best meat sauce ever. That comes up if you google it.

Also Nigel's sausage, cream and mustard sauce for pasta.

I LOVE pasta and sauces!

akaemmafrost Mon 05-Nov-12 09:58:17

Nigel Slater Ragu

Nigel Slater sausage pasta

found the Jamie Oliver one

TempusFuckit Mon 05-Nov-12 09:59:09

My favourite non-standard ones are:

chicken, green olives, carrots and rosemary (use pasta cooking water to loosen the sauce)
Butternut squash, bacon and thyme, with cream or cream cheese.

Both very autumnal. A good summery one is broad beans, prosciutto or bacon, marscapone, basil and lemon zest - and you can't beat crab, garlic, chilli and lemon. Mmm.

LeBFG Mon 05-Nov-12 10:02:18

I made an easy tuna pasta the other night. Onion and leek fried, add a little flour, then cream and creme fraiche for a generous creamy sauce, add tuna and sweetcorn near the end. Chop in a sprig of chives. Yum. Comfort food. Instead of sweetcorn, you could add musherooms.

NervousAt20 Mon 05-Nov-12 10:03:19

I love pasta with a creamy sauce and loads of mushrooms not something I've ever successfully made at home though

LeBFG Mon 05-Nov-12 10:04:48

Not for OP: fry off sliced garlic, chilli, anchovies and capers in a good blob of oil. Mix into linguine with plenty of parmesan (bone fide Italian, comes from my Italian friends).

dreamingbohemian Mon 05-Nov-12 10:06:00

Mussels and blue cheese sauce

Very very easy and quick:

Saute frozen mussels, then remove from pan, leaving briny liquid behind. Add good chunk of creamy blue cheese (St Agur is great and cheap, can get at Sainsbury/Tesco) and heat until melted, add some demi-cream or milk to taste. Toss with mussels and pasta.

If you don't like mussels, it works well with chicken and lardon too.

LeBFG Mon 05-Nov-12 10:06:06

Tempus, how would you cook the butternut squash recipe?

Ungratefulchild Mon 05-Nov-12 10:06:14

Roated cubes of butternut squash, mixed with rocket, chilli flakes (can be left out), garlic and lemon juice. Add to cooked pasta and sprinkle grated parmesan over. Very nice indeed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now