Talk

Advanced search

Aussie parents - what age vegemite?

(6 Posts)
Mimca Sun 04-Nov-12 09:29:10

That's it really! I was wonder when you start giving a toddler/child vegemite. It seems very salty to give it to them too young. Do little kids like it or is it an older acquired taste? Thanks!

nancy75 Sun 04-Nov-12 09:31:37

Dd tried a thin scraping on toast when she was about one, but she totally hates it so she has never had it again.

LilBlondePessimist Sun 04-Nov-12 09:33:00

My eldest two are 7 and 8, we have been here a year and they won't go near it, but most of my Aussie friends' kids are on it from about 12mths, thinly on a sandwich. They seem to love it, but I'm not sure about the salt thing. My youngest just turned one and I haven't tried him on it yet.

Huffpot Sun 04-Nov-12 09:34:14

I gave my eldest DC some on toast to gum when he was about 6 months old (just a smear) and he loved it. My youngest had it again on toast about 5 months old and pulled a funny face but didn't stop.

Now its a regular on the breakfast menu, especially since Asda sell it and I don't have to fork out extortionate prices for it

Mmmm vegemite

TheEnthusiasticTroll Sun 04-Nov-12 09:43:14

I'm in uk we have Vegemite here, dd 6 loves it, always has think she had it from beginning to wean.

TheEnthusiasticTroll Sun 04-Nov-12 09:58:09

I just checked the jar there is only 0.14g of sodium per serving, so not much at all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now