Talk

Advanced search

Please help a vegetarian cook pork chops!

(7 Posts)
Shutupanddrive Sat 03-Nov-12 20:24:00

Hi I'm a vegetarian but cook meat for dc's etc. I usually make chicken Sunday lunch or a joint of beef/pork. For a change I have bought some pork chops. Do I just stick them in the oven? What is the best way to cook them? Please smile

TheHappyCamper Sat 03-Nov-12 20:36:37

You could grill them, or oven cook them. They don't need as long as you'd expect - they go very tough/chewy if over done. Perhaps 10 mins ish grilled depending on thickness.

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Sat 03-Nov-12 20:42:09

I normally pan fry them, and would serve with veg. and apple sauce. You can make the apple sauce from pureed stewed apple with suger to taste and cloves and cinnamon. My mum used a jar of Gerber's baby apple dessert once, in a Sunday lunch crisis, and was so pleased with it she used it for preference whenever she didn't have apples to make her own sauce.

How thick are the chops? If thin cut (less than a cm thick), about 4 mins each side. If thicker, up to eight.

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Sat 03-Nov-12 20:44:25

They're done when the meat has gone white with a few brown patches iykwim.

Shutupanddrive Sat 03-Nov-12 21:14:45

Thanks for tips! They are about 1.5-2cm thick so will maybe pan fry them then as my mum is nearly always late for Sunday lunch angry a whole other thread!!

ImperialFireworksInMyKnickers Sat 03-Nov-12 21:18:33

No probs. Is your mum related to mine.... grin?

Shutupanddrive Sat 03-Nov-12 21:34:19

Possibly, is she welsh and short? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now