Talk

Advanced search

Sausage Casserole

(5 Posts)
DeathMetalMum Sat 03-Nov-12 17:48:57

Having sausage casserole tomorrow and I usually use a packet mix for the sauce as it is yummy. I don't have one in does anyone have a nice recipie; I don't have any beans I have seen lots of recipies containing beans.

greencolorpack Sat 03-Nov-12 17:59:27

Yes, so you fry the sausages in a pan. In a casserole dish put about four or five very finely chopped onions. Then boil some water and put two teaspoons of Bisto in the water, then add a couple of spoons of vinegar and half a can of beer (Newcastle brown, or I just use whatever beer is in the house) and a spoonful of Dijon mustard, the one with all the seeds in it, then put the sausages in with the beer liquid mixture and the onions, and put the casserole dish in the oven for about an hour at about 200 degrees. Eat with mashed potatoes. It's warm and filling and everyone loves it.

dreamingofsun Sat 03-Nov-12 18:10:53

do you have any baked beans as you can casserole with chopped onion, mixed herbs or oregano squirt of tom sauce, bit of mustard. brown sausages. maybe bit of garlic and some white wine - in which case you might need to thicken slightly with cornflour/water

UptoapointLordCopper Sat 03-Nov-12 18:36:01

Delia's sausages in cider. Very very nice.

qazxc Sun 04-Nov-12 15:25:46

www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/great_sausage_casserole_73010
This one is great.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now