Talk

Advanced search

I have a Pork shank, I have a slow cooker

(8 Posts)
BlueAndTwistedTouchPaper Fri 02-Nov-12 17:54:07

Now I just need a recipe for it please!

We were going to have jacket potatoes tomorrow, I have just remembered I had this shank at the back of the freezer and it is defrosting as we speak.

Can someone recommend a lovely warming recipe for a cold Saturday please? Pref. not spicy as DS isn't keen, but no other dislikes or allergies smile

nkf Fri 02-Nov-12 17:55:57

Cooked in cider? I'm sure there is a sort of fruity one with prunes. Leeks and apple?

BlueAndTwistedTouchPaper Fri 02-Nov-12 18:44:40

I have been googling but can't seem to find any nice recipes. I may have to improvise along those lines, thanks.

dreamingofsun Fri 02-Nov-12 19:07:37

pork fillet with prunes is lovely - despite sounding awful - you could tweak that?
1 onion chopped, 12 prunes stone and soaked overnight in 1/2 pint dry white wine, tablespoon redcurrant jelly, 1/4 pint double cream.

brown pork and onions, add flour, prunes and wine then add to casserole. cook. add jelly and cream towards end.

i'd sling it all in pot and forget about browning and add cornflour/water or gravy granules.

can we have recipe if its good as i'm bored with my current slow cooker ones

BlueAndTwistedTouchPaper Fri 02-Nov-12 19:09:01

No problem, whatever I cook I'll let you know smile

dreamingofsun Fri 02-Nov-12 19:10:35

the one i gave is for an oven....but i tend to use normal recipes anyway and tweak.

BlueAndTwistedTouchPaper Fri 02-Nov-12 19:14:05

I only tend to follow a recipe if it's something brand new. I'm a tweaker as well grin

NettoSpookerstar Sat 03-Nov-12 10:06:05

pulled pork buns
Serve with any sauce you like, or stuffing, gravy and apple sauce.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now