Talk

Advanced search

bonfire night food ideas for vegetarians please?

(13 Posts)
liveinazoo Fri 02-Nov-12 12:31:40

i am looking for something other than sausages or jacket potatoes to make for my kids bonfire night

anyone got any inspiration for me
i have also been looking for a parkin recipe that doesnt feed the 5 thousand<just me and 4dcs>.ive found 2 in the recipe section and ones too big and i the other doesnt have oats<which i thought was just ginger cake them!>

CharlotteBronteSaurus Fri 02-Nov-12 12:39:02

get a big fat field mushroom, smear in butter, add garlic, herbs, seasoning, wrap in foil and chuck on the fire like you do with baked potatoes. when they're done serve in a ciabatta roll.

mrspink27 Fri 02-Nov-12 14:55:33

Pumpkin Soup?

FantasticDay Fri 02-Nov-12 14:57:23

Toffee apples

cupcake78 Fri 02-Nov-12 14:58:18

Chick pea and veg curry,

NettoSpookerstar Fri 02-Nov-12 15:09:51

falafel

MaureenMLove Fri 02-Nov-12 15:47:30

We're doing a big bowl of meat chilli and a bowl of veg curry, with jacket spuds. There will also be baked beans for those that don't like either.

Simple, easy to prepare before hand and less washing up, because they can be served straight from the pots!

iseenodust Fri 02-Nov-12 15:55:37

Mild red thai curry with sweet potato & butternut squash.

Veggie chilli

Sweet potatoes baked in their skins then split and served with soured cream plus a spicy salsa

Soup always good

Homemade baked beans are nice

Stuffed butternut squash (google Hamilton Squash for a good Jamie O recipe)

And parkin lasts well, so make a huge one! You can freeze it too (or send the rest to me).

BertieBotts Fri 02-Nov-12 22:34:02

Big veggie chilli.

Baked potatoes with veggie fillings?

TheDetective Fri 02-Nov-12 22:45:51

Veggie chilli - definitely! Perfect!

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Fri 02-Nov-12 22:46:01

Nachos, wedges and veggie wraps. Falafel, veggie fritters, pizza and homemade chips. All pretty quick and easy.

serin Fri 02-Nov-12 23:20:37

Vegi chilli served in tortila wraps with sour cream, cheese and salad.

Or vegi tagine with couscous.

Black peas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now