Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lidl Silvercrest stand mixer - anyone had any experience of it?

(10 Posts)
WingDefence Thu 01-Nov-12 15:15:07

Hi all

I can't really afford a Kenwood (and certainly not a KitchenAid) but I would like a stand mixer.

Lidl have got their own brand 'food processor' which is a stand mixer plus liquidiser as well as three grater/processor attachments.

It's £50 and you can see it [[http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/xchg/lidl_uk/hs.xsl/index_35827.htm here] (there is even a video demonstration). You may have to put in your postcode at first but I think that's not compulsory to look at the item.

It looks quite nice, compact and has a few bits extra to just being a stand mixer (the grater attachment in particular) but I wondered if anyone else had had any experience of using one?

Thanks in advance! thanks

NettoSpookerstar Thu 01-Nov-12 15:18:11

No, but would be tempted at that price.
My Kenwood broke, and though I'd love a Kitchenaid can't afford one.
I want it for kneading dough mainly.

bureni Thu 01-Nov-12 15:24:05

I have found the Silvercrest products to be very high quality and well priced, never had a days trouble with any of them.

WingDefence Thu 01-Nov-12 15:30:54

Argh link fail here

Thanks for your replies. I am definitely tempted at the price and I don't need anything huge. I want it for mixing cake/biscuit mixtures and the grating - it doesn't mention cheese in the video but I am sick of grating cheese and would like something to make the job easier, even if there is more washing up at the end of it!
I think they have a 3 year warranty as well.

Decisions... smile

PolterGoose Thu 01-Nov-12 16:06:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WingDefence Thu 01-Nov-12 16:20:07

Thanks Polter. I didn't really think about getting another type of food processor because I assumed they were all about chopping etc.

I realise that might be wrong and perhaps I should widen my gaze from just 'stand mixers' in the KW and KA mould...

GwendolineScaryLacey Thu 01-Nov-12 16:31:53

I have this (as well as a KA) and if I didn't have the KA I'd be more than happy with it. And it grates cheese, which is my worst ever job.

TwoIfBySea Thu 01-Nov-12 21:47:57

I was looking to maybe buying this as well if I can. Bought a Silvercrest hand blender 7 years ago, came with a whole bunch of accessories and it is still going strong. In fact I'm a little panicked that they've not done them in a while and I want to buy a replacement in the near future as I use it at least twice a week, if not more, and it has coped with my manhandling all these years without complaint.

So if I budget this I'd buy it. KitchenAid is lovely looking but ridiculously expensive for someone on an average wage (I say this because my friend's MIL bought her one for Christmas a couple of years ago and I'm so insanely jealous smile )!!! I had a Moulinex one a few years back that ended up being chucked in the bin after nearly setting on fire!

WingDefence Thu 01-Nov-12 22:55:41

Two and Bureni, it's good to know the brand is half-decent.

Gwendoline do you just use that for chopping/grating and your KA for cakes etc? As this Lidl one seems to do the cakes/dough as well as the processing bits (I think).

I may have a look at it in-store and make my final decision then smile

GwendolineMaryLacey Fri 02-Nov-12 10:24:54

I had the Kenwood thingy, then I sold it and was given a KA, then someone gave me the exact same Kenwood thing as a present... I have to confess the new Kenwood is still in the box blush.

But when the Kenwood was all I had, I used it for everything. Now I use the KA for everything (at great bloody expense!). Had I not had a KA fixation then I would have continued merrily with what I had. It was fine. Yes, I'm a tit!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now