Talk

Advanced search

Last minute Halloween supper, help!

(3 Posts)
GorierTechnicolarghhhhh Sun 28-Oct-12 20:38:41

What was supposed to be a casual Halloween supper for my brother and his gf - normal supper with a few paper bats stuck to the windows - has turned into a full-blown event with dh inviting two more families. Which means we're going to be 8 adults and 6 children on Wednesday.

I also have a big presentation to prepare by Wednesday morning, so hardly any spare time for creative ideas - I have no idea what we should eat! We don't have enough chairs, or a big enough table, for 14 people, so probably needs to be some sort of buffet. Or big pot of something...??

Need inspiration and your ideas - should be easy, and good for adults and small children! Thank you!

oddslippers Sun 28-Oct-12 20:48:09

Baked potatoes with cheese/beans/chilli easy to prepare and usually everyone will eat it. Let the kids sit at the table with theirs and adults will manage on their knees. Let everyone serve themselves/their own kids.

Nivet Tue 30-Oct-12 14:43:58

How about pulled pork? Served with salad, coleslaw & soft bread rolls? The C4 Baker Boys recipe is good, although I think it needs more liquid than their recipe states.

Needs bugger all in terms of prep but does need to be in the oven for 8 hours. I did go out and leave mine though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now