Talk

Advanced search

How do you store a crumble?

(10 Posts)
DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Sun 28-Oct-12 20:31:27

Made some plum Crumble but as it's only me and DD there is still loads left. How do I store it and how ling can it keep?

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Sun 28-Oct-12 20:39:07

Gwan, tell me, tell me now!

VivaLeBeaver Sun 28-Oct-12 21:19:59

In the fridge, cling film over the top. Will last 2 or 3 days at least.

GrimAndHumourless Sun 28-Oct-12 21:20:32

well I would store in my tummy BUT divide into one-person portions and freeze individually

I have used ramekins, then when frozen bang them out into freezer bag and just reach in to fetch one when you fancy, two min blast in micro to defrost.

EugenesAxe Sun 28-Oct-12 21:21:20

Freeze it, or put in the fridge. For a night I would also cover and leave at room temperature or in oven.

Don't know who patronises this board usually, but sure they aren't bitches. They probably just think it's like storing any other food.

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Sun 28-Oct-12 21:25:14

Can you freeze it?! That's good. Well, I'm not sure if it's like any other food. It's kind of a cake so first I thought to store it in room temp. Then Googled it but was not satisfied with the answers. I thought the crumble has to be crispy so the fridge would make it go 'gummy'. It's an easy question of you know the answer.

Thanks though grin. Much appreciated.

DrinkFecksArseyGhosts Sun 28-Oct-12 21:28:58

Eugune I know that. I was just going for a controversial title to get responses. the oldest trick in the whole wide world MN.

spookinell Mon 29-Oct-12 07:44:28

You can also make a batch of crumble topping and freeze it raw then bung on top of fruit when needed. It saves time and you always have crumble topping when needed.wink

EugenesAxe Mon 29-Oct-12 07:56:44

OK - I have a bad habit of being unable to spot sarcasm...

It's a fair point though, you make. I have two in the freezer now, but yes it probably would compromise the crunch a bit. The fruit could mould though if not chilled.

hophophippidtyhop Mon 29-Oct-12 12:58:35

i make small fruit crumbles in those aluminum cases and freeze them before cooking. Just enough for me and dp as dd's won't eat them. cooks straight from freezer in 30 mins

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now