Talk

Advanced search

Can you make hummus with a stand mixer e.g. Kenwood KMix

(7 Posts)
jammiecat Fri 26-Oct-12 17:52:21

Hi,

I am on the verge of buying a Kenwood Kmix as it seems to do everything I want it to do and at a much better price than a Kitchen Aid which I just can't afford. However, one of the things I would like to be able to do is make my own hummus. So can anyone with a stand mixer tell me whether you can use one for hummus as I'm not sure with it being smaller quantities. If not I do have an ancient liquidiser which might do the trick?

I would welcome any words of wisdom.

milkmoustache Fri 26-Oct-12 18:15:29

You can make hummus with a stick blender, or even a potato masher. The trick is to use the liquid that is in the tin of chick peas, a little at a time to get the consistency you want.

jammiecat Fri 26-Oct-12 20:02:46

Thanks. I have a stick blender so will have a go with that and use the Kmix for everything else smile

FredFredGeorge Sat 27-Oct-12 20:06:28

I don't think it's ever worth making hummus.

CogitoEerilySpooky Sun 28-Oct-12 10:27:56

I make my hummus with the mini food-processor attachment that came with my stick blender. Ideal for small amounts. Disagreeing with the PP I think it's worth making hummus. You can play around with the ingredients and it's always fresher and less perfectly smooth than the mass-produced stuff.

jammiecat Sun 28-Oct-12 13:19:10

Thanks. Yes, I agree it's worth making it if you have time. I have a friend who makes it and it is gorgeous so I am keen to have a go myself.

NettoSpookerstar Sun 28-Oct-12 13:24:01

I always make my own, and like Cogito use a mini chopper

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now