Talk

Advanced search

George Foreman on its last legs... which one would you recommend to take its place?

(8 Posts)
SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 23-Oct-12 09:02:07

I've had the little white one since 2006 but after years of scrubbing the fat and residues from the plates after cooking sausages etc, the non-stick coating is coming off... I want to get one with removable plates, which one is the best? smile

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 23-Oct-12 09:32:48

<nudges own admittedly dull thread>

ldt87 Tue 23-Oct-12 09:35:16

I don't know which is best but i have the white one too and i want the big one with removable plates. I think it looks really good and would be loads easier to clean. I almost want mine to die so i can replaceiit now!

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 23-Oct-12 16:38:47

smile Mine has been nudged towards death through excessive use of Lidls multisurface wipes whilst cleaning... I really want a new one!

SuzySheepSmellsNice Tue 23-Oct-12 18:51:27

nudge

multipoodles Wed 24-Oct-12 08:00:08

I started with the old style white GF grill it lasted me years until I knocked it off the bench and smashed it sad I replaced it with a larger black one GF again and it lasted 2 weeks before I did the same thing sad I thought it was a much lighter construction and wasn't sure if I was too impressed with it but didn't have it long enough to make any real judgements.

In a hurry I replaced it with another GF on sale, down to £30 in Makro same as this www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4230670.htm and again it was lighter than the original one but I find it does the job fine, easy to clean (plates aren't removable) I do it while still hot (using wet kitchen towel laid on it) and there is no real sign of wear in well over a year. I would love one of the more expensive ones but just can't justify buying another one until this one takes a nose dive off the bench ;)

storminabuttercup Wed 24-Oct-12 10:46:19

I've got one with removable plates, it's maybe 4 years old but much prefer it to my old one as u can stick the plates in the dishwasher grin

SuzySheepSmellsNice Thu 25-Oct-12 15:52:33

Thanks all... I think I'm going to bite the bullet and use my Tesco Clubcard vouchers that I'd been saving for a rainy day smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now