Talk

Advanced search

Ideas for Christmas baked gifts

(8 Posts)
AlohaMama Tue 23-Oct-12 00:04:15

I usually do some Christmas baking and make some kind of sweet treat to package nicely and give as gifts to friends, neighbours etc. Anyone got any great ideas of nice baked goods? My preference would be for something that cuts up small so each person could have a bag of bitesize treats rather than a big bag of biscuits.

ChaosTrulyReigns Tue 23-Oct-12 00:22:44

Have you thought of biscotti?

I'm not sure, but I reckon it has a logner shelf life that a lot of other goods.

this page has some good ideas.

blueberryboybait Tue 23-Oct-12 22:34:19

What about florentines? I made sour cherry and ginger florentines last year and have had requests for them again this year. I made them teaspoonful sized and covered them in dark chocolate.

AlohaMama Thu 25-Oct-12 05:37:21

Sorry for slow response - but thanks for the ideas. Definitely a few ideas there, and I like the idea of florentines and have never made those before.

makinglemonade Sun 04-Nov-12 20:43:31

I'm thinking of doing the same this year. Have a lovely florentine recipe that I want to try - wondering if I can freeze them or how long do they keep?

Also doing cookies as I can freeze these in advance and then bake on the day.

Also thinking if fudge but have never made it before

shoppingbagsundereyes Mon 05-Nov-12 20:29:07

I did a trial run on honeycomb last weekend. Was effortless, delicious and looked impressive. Am planning to make more for Xmas gifts. Also bought a set of Xmas molds and am going to make cute milk and white choc snowmen. Considering Florentines for grown ups

NuclearStandoff Thu 08-Nov-12 20:50:57

candied orange peel dipped in dark chocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now