Talk

Advanced search

I know I shouldn't have but I bought some kippers...

(7 Posts)
Chepstowmonkey Mon 22-Oct-12 16:29:01

....and I don't know what to do with them. They have been in the freezer for a couple of months now and they are starting to make me feel worried and guilty!

I have no idea what to do with them and I'm not even sure if i'll like them. I honestly don't know why I bought them but my only explaination is that I went to a really nice fishmongers and they were the only thing I could afford! Something came over me and i suddenly felt terribly guilty that we very rarely eat fish.

Please someone help me. I am considering throwing them away without even trying because I have no idea how to cook them and I'm worried they'll be a disaster.

Does anyone eat kippers? I've heard they are full of bones? Can anyone reccommend an (easy) recipe?

Lulabellarama Mon 22-Oct-12 16:31:53

I like them grilled on very buttery toast
This looks good though
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1929639/kipper-pt-softboiled-egg-and-toast

somebloke123 Mon 22-Oct-12 17:01:22

They do have a lot of fine bones but if you pull off the different sections carefully and tidily with a knife you can get off the fish and leave the bones behind.

Yum yum!

Mintyy Mon 22-Oct-12 17:08:12

They are lovely! Have them for a light supper with some brown bread and butter.

Taffraid Thu 25-Oct-12 13:56:21

They are lovely but they will stink your house out for WEEKS

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 25-Oct-12 13:59:54

Defrost
Take the bones out
Flake it.

Either have it on a sandwich, mixed with pasta and a little butter or even with scrambled eggs!

Mix the cooked pasta with the fish in the pan just to warm it through.
Or gently toss in a little butter in a hot pan for literally a minute and add to scrambled egg.

Alitoomanykids Thu 25-Oct-12 14:02:55

yummo - grill on toast maybe with a nice runny poached egg

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: