Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I know I shouldn't have but I bought some kippers...

(7 Posts)
Chepstowmonkey Mon 22-Oct-12 16:29:01

....and I don't know what to do with them. They have been in the freezer for a couple of months now and they are starting to make me feel worried and guilty!

I have no idea what to do with them and I'm not even sure if i'll like them. I honestly don't know why I bought them but my only explaination is that I went to a really nice fishmongers and they were the only thing I could afford! Something came over me and i suddenly felt terribly guilty that we very rarely eat fish.

Please someone help me. I am considering throwing them away without even trying because I have no idea how to cook them and I'm worried they'll be a disaster.

Does anyone eat kippers? I've heard they are full of bones? Can anyone reccommend an (easy) recipe?

Lulabellarama Mon 22-Oct-12 16:31:53

I like them grilled on very buttery toast
This looks good though
www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1929639/kipper-pt-softboiled-egg-and-toast

somebloke123 Mon 22-Oct-12 17:01:22

They do have a lot of fine bones but if you pull off the different sections carefully and tidily with a knife you can get off the fish and leave the bones behind.

Yum yum!

Mintyy Mon 22-Oct-12 17:08:12

They are lovely! Have them for a light supper with some brown bread and butter.

Taffraid Thu 25-Oct-12 13:56:21

They are lovely but they will stink your house out for WEEKS

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Thu 25-Oct-12 13:59:54

Defrost
Take the bones out
Flake it.

Either have it on a sandwich, mixed with pasta and a little butter or even with scrambled eggs!

Mix the cooked pasta with the fish in the pan just to warm it through.
Or gently toss in a little butter in a hot pan for literally a minute and add to scrambled egg.

Alitoomanykids Thu 25-Oct-12 14:02:55

yummo - grill on toast maybe with a nice runny poached egg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now