Talk

Advanced search

Reheating lasagne?

(8 Posts)
GorierTechnicolarghhhhh Mon 22-Oct-12 09:00:18

I made a bolognese sauce on Friday, then used it for lasagne last night. Still got half the lasagne left, is it safe to heat up again - which means the bolognese will have been reheated twice?

dreamingofsun Mon 22-Oct-12 10:28:38

so you've cooled it on friday and then heated up again for lasagne and cooled again. if thats correct i wouldn't but then i'm very paranoid. if you do, i would make sure its really really piping hot. but since its not something that is very expensive i wouldn't risk it

jenduck Mon 22-Oct-12 10:34:33

I would absolutely reheat it, especially if it is for healthy adults, but then I am known for having a complete disregard for best before dates on food & also a stomach of iron! I would just make sure you reheat it very thoroughly.

arghhelpme Mon 22-Oct-12 10:41:37

I would reheat it, knowing me i'd probably even eat it cold. Only thing i don't like to reheat is rice unless its from the day before chinese takeaway.

GrimmaTheNome Mon 22-Oct-12 10:45:16

Yes, this is what usually happens if I make lasagne. No ill effects ever.

To ensure its re-heated thoroughly, I give it a good go in the microwave to get it really hot and then finish off in the oven to get the top nice again.

GorierTechnicolarghhhhh Mon 22-Oct-12 11:17:35

Ok, hmmm, yes. I'm quite paranoid too, maybe I'll just do it for me and dh, and give the boys something else. Don't have a microwave btw.!

GrimmaTheNome Mon 22-Oct-12 13:08:55

Its quite hard to adequately re-heat something baked in the oven without it ending up overcooked, IMO.

PolterGoose Mon 22-Oct-12 19:21:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now