Talk

Advanced search

Healthy foods for energy and skin (bf mama)

(5 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Mon 22-Oct-12 08:43:43

Tips please! He's draining my nutrients lol!

Drladybird Mon 22-Oct-12 09:50:10

Hi Littlerays,
I'm interested in this so did a bit of quick research. We need to ensure that we have sufficient calories to sustain ourselves, making sure we get adequate amounts of key nutrients and protein. I used to eat a lot of cake when I first started to bf but then did notice that I felt less healthy and was missing key nutrients in my diet! What a surprise! This book suggests that we need to make sure we have enough calcium, zinc, magnesium, vitamin B6, and folate. According to la leche league , simply having a varied diet should be enough. When I was exclusively bf, I noticed that I was not having enough B12 so had to up my dairy intake (I'm vegetarian). I have listed some vegetarian sources of B12, zinc, and protein
Anyway (got a bit carried away!), I hope you find this info helpful. Bottom line: eat a varied, healthy diet including fresh fruit and veg. I found snacking on seeds and dried fruit was really helpful as they are portable and full of good stuff. Good luck!

Littleraysofsunshine Wed 24-Oct-12 13:14:28

Thank you! I'll look into this! smile

Littleraysofsunshine Fri 09-Nov-12 21:08:46

Still feeling and looking mega full. sad

And my skin on my face resembles a pizza, horrific break outs.

Still no period since having dd2.... Could this be a hormonal imbalance?

Littleraysofsunshine Sat 10-Nov-12 07:41:43

Dull! Not full!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now