Talk

Advanced search

Chocolate rice pudding?

(8 Posts)
HoratiaWinwood Sun 21-Oct-12 14:17:32

DS1 has requested chocolate rice pudding. I can do normal rice pudding, or a tin of Ambrosia with Nutella stirred in.

Does anybody have a good chocolate rice pudding recipe, and/or a good chocolate bread-and-butter pudding recipe? I can't face all that washing-up testing Googled recipes blush so I need a recommendation please!

TIA

I've made this one before, but with a good big handful of sultanas thrown in before baking. I just use cadburys drinking hot chocolate powder.

It tastes nice, but doesn't look it! Def a children's dessert!

Don't know about the bread and butter pud. Not done that one.

HoratiaWinwood Mon 22-Oct-12 09:01:39

Thanks! Will give it a look.

frootshoots Mon 22-Oct-12 09:16:25

For the chocolate bread and butter pudding, I just do the normal recipe but add a tablespoon of cocoa powder to the milk and egg mixture and sprinkle some chocolate chips over it or some chunks of chocolate tucked in between the slices of bread before it goes in the oven, then it melts... Yum! Think I'll be making that again this week!

HoratiaWinwood Mon 22-Oct-12 09:33:43

<drool>

Thanks!

It feels like hot puddings weather, doesn't it!

Inneedofbrandy Mon 22-Oct-12 09:35:51

For chocolate bread and butter use choc brioche or croissants with chunks of chocolate squidged in.I'm sure chocolate spread sandwiche triangles would work to.

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 22-Oct-12 09:38:45

Ambrosia do now do small pots of chocolate rice pudding. When I was a teenager, they used to do full size tins, which I would eat when I was babysitting!

CouthyMowEatingBraiiiiinz Mon 22-Oct-12 09:39:10

<<grabs pit of chocolate rice pudding from cupboard>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now